We Shall Now Begin Ethics

Power Uploader
On a personal level, I don't give a damn about series rankings, but I like following trends out of curiosity.

I'm mightily impressed that this series has surpassed Kaguya wants to be confessed to and Mieruko-chan, and is closing the gap against Survive as the Hero's Wife in just four days and less than ten chapters.

I can hear the edgy teens pushing their glasses up and nodding their heads. Like clueless monkeys they think this is deep and shit lol

Dex-chan lover
I keep seeing the word "edgy" thrown around here but I have yet to see anything like that.
I will admit, the author's opinion on bullying is shallow as hell.
At the same time though, its not THAT bad.

Group Leader
tfw you are so fragile that you don't even want people who are enjoying this series to have an opinion and are dusting them away to your 'edgelord' bin

Double-page supporter
It's not very good but it is very uniqe . It became too shallow while trying to be deep and adding violent stuff kinda killed it. Art is good

It kinda feels like the students are a self-insert for the author with all the introspective insecurities they're expressing to the reader while the teacher is the author's attempt at an external point of view of these kids. Though it might be because we get a new kid every chapter that to some, it might feel lacking to some readers.

It's definitely one of those "need to kill time" reads.

So far, I thought this manga was good.... I love how the author/mangaka unfold the "philosophy issue" and school.

It show another point of view

Contributor
Just a few chapters in, this certainly feels more like a question about empathy the mangaka is asking their readers than so much as an exploration of philosophy, but I'm also going into it with wary expectations and an attempt at an objective, critical eye.
It is fair to call it a little edgy given the tone and choice of matter in the first few chapters, and the question I'm asking as I read is "What does the author want to accomplish by telling these particular stories?" I think using rape as a spectacle to portray aspects of some character's story right off from the start certainly turned me off, with Teacher as a self-fulfilling hero to right these perceived wrongs as they open the eyes of their ignorant students.

If you're willing to be critical of what you're expecting going into this, critical of what's being written (or the subtext that may not be), and can stomach the triggers, than readers may like the experience of this manga.

@Letheliah

most like how goblin slayer starts the same its a troupe right to start something with a bang to attract some people and setting the story bar high

in new chapter,things get even better from the past 4th chapter

Contributor
@chaser I haven't read Goblin Slayer, but using rape as a spectacle is usually a symbol of bad storytelling and a valid reason to be wary, because it's not often addressed later on. That's not so much the case with this manga. I still think it was a poor decision to start out with assault to garner attention, and it wasn't a good execution in addressing it (or later complex issues) per se, but it's clear empathy is the main focus for this story and it merits reading. It *does* get better and more complex the further in we read, and it can stand on its own without the use of such tropes (and in fact, subverts many).

What a waste! You'd think this manga would go deeper on the teaching of the subject of ethics, but no. This is a untalented version of Great Teacher Onizuka, fedora edition. Even saying this feels like a disrespect to GTO. I feel like an incel from 4chan wrote this manga. The art is garbage too. 0/10

Why the hell in this modern time you not called police when you got raped. Hello ethic teacher even her parents? Raped is very big crime, especially to underage girl they will be dispelled and get more than 10 year jail time.

Unlike the one-dimension character Onizuka of GTO, the mc of this manga feels pretty more human
Inb4 the triggered people

pleasantly surprised how quickly this manga is being uploaded. Every single day. I hope the break isn't long. Whoever's doing it is doing a masterful job.

@Agni ch3 pg 23-24&38, the headmaster and everyone's parents were informed of what happened, whether cops were involved or not deosn't really matter(tho they probably were involved anyway, it seems like Aizawa's mom cares at least a little bit).

Users who are viewing this thread