Webtoon Character Na Kang Lim - Ch. 85 - Fake Laughter

She went from my least favorite heroine to the absolute top spot in a span of like 4 chapters.
The in-universe author really screwed her backstory up big time. Would have been much better to lead with that than 10 chapters of comparatively useless backstory Kang Lim keeps mentioning

Dex-chan lover
God damn! He is so fucking cool now. Also his hairstyle in the beginning makes him look actually good instead of the more generic version.

Edit: Noo don't cut yourself, your to good for that :(

Edit2: Tbh the impact is a bit weak when its more like a blur than cuts.

Edit3: Wow, so if it continued escalating...? So she is forced into basically prostitution, and she couldn't handle it alone anymore.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Stay safe and enjoy your vacation!
Also, the mc looked badass with that haircut, wtf is the sh*t we got?
Will do! And yep, Kang Lim came a long way lol

Also anyone disliking the blur, Ch86 has more of an impact in my opinion, but that's on our Discord heh heh..

Dex-chan lover
So if we stick from the start, Kwan Miya is Kang Lim's ideal girl cause she was what he thought Da Hee would be. I do love her now definitely and I'm struggling to choose between her and Da Hee lmao. Overall, good chapter, scary one at that. I don't know if its just me, but the chapters feels heavier overtime. Like it actually gets scarier and heartwrenching, in a good way of course. Thanks for the translate and have a good vacation.

Dex-chan lover
So if we stick from the start, Kwan Miya is Kang Lim's ideal girl cause she was what he thought Da Hee would be. I do love her now definitely and I'm struggling to choose between her and Da Hee lmao. Overall, good chapter, scary one at that. I don't know if its just me, but the chapters feels heavier overtime. Like it actually gets scarier and heartwrenching, in a good way of course. Thanks for the translate and have a good vacation.
Holy shit you're right, she really is his ideal girl

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad we have our knight in shining armour to save her, I like that we only got to see one layer of her character initially and now we even get her internal thoughts. It's pretty clear she must've been beating herself up a fair bit over the course of the original loop, which is fucking awful she's got the motherload of communication disorders stacked on top of relying on it to function in her desired industry of choice. She's inherently good natured and desires to be but has to weigh the lives and careers of former comrades whilst sacrificing her own comfort and security. If she wasn't such a bitch when she was introduced this might've seemed like overkill.

Asian entertainment seems to more and more be smearing the mainstream entertainment industries pretty hard. Reading early on in oshi no ko has jaded me pretty hard against what a meat grinder they are. It seems like idol culture and the level to which celebrities are exalted and judged in equal measure can cause long term psychological damage. The fact even twitch streaming has been industrialised is a mess, I don't like many streamers but at least you can just be yourself in your bedroom and make it without having to be beholden to a company.

Similarly I used to think that the bullying in manhwa's was an exaggeration until I learnt a lot of it actually takes place and it's a huge issue, I think a lot of the seedy deals with management companies and how people can be in their early teens when making these deals is a complete mess. I don't think the western model is much better but just how much of a product people can be in the east seems insane.

This is wish fulfilment entertainment and not reality though so Kang Lim will make it all okay and that's what I'm here for.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't say she's best girl but yeah really turned around on her after finding out about her true self. Also god damn Kang Lim with the big dick energy talk about growth from the start of the series, dude has become a legit badass in his own right now.

Dex-chan lover
Oi artist i don't think blushing is the appropriate reaction to someone seeing scars from cutting your wrist. I think anxiety would be felt more powerfully than embarrassment.

Users who are viewing this thread