Welcome Back, Alice - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - The two of them

@deCarabasHJ especially if the person is the guy who knowingly stole a kiss from your crush and kinda flexed on you by looking at you straight in the eyes while doing it. I know MC kinda looks like a wimp so I'm not expecting him to hold his ground or anything, but man I'd have cut all tie with Kei in his place.

Dex-chan lover
I first thought that he liked him but now I'm confused as well hahaha

Just what is her intention though? Is she just doing whatever she wants?

Am I the only one that thinks Kei is being a complete ass? I don't know if Kei actually likes Yo, but all I see is Kei playing with Yo's feelings for the giggles.

_forLy9e93dLWfXqtGm5LqUwESgrx2iiCmgffrYNHnw.jpg

Why would Kei tell everyone that they are a boy if they are transgender?

Either the author doesn't know how to write trans people or Kei isn't trans.

@930310

iirc, the Japanese word doesn't have a strong distinction between sex and gender so this could be a nuance lost in the translation.

Also, transpeople in Japan are generally not considered their gender identity legally/socially unless they have confirmation surgery, so it's not logically inconsistent for Kei to use gender assigned at birth when speaking to classmates.

Kei can be easily read as trans based on the conversation at the apartment and the "boy" bit at school doesn't necessarily contradict it.

Group Leader
I mean, he is just crossdressing, I don't know if he can be considered transgender.
Besides, Kei uses the masculine pronoun "boku" for himself, hence showing that he's a male.

Group Leader
I wouldn't necessarily consider boku proof of gender; there are bokugirls, and even oregirls. it could just be the pronoun that they're used to using for themselves. i think there's enough to support a trans reading of Kei, though not necessarily enough to discern if that's the intent. it's hard to tell, because, as mentioned in this thread, how gender is discussed in japan isn't really the same as in the west (for example, the title of the autobiographical "The Bride was a Boy" would actually be considered potentially offensive through a purely western lens of transgender terminology).

all that said, i'm not holding out hope of this being a trans series, because everything about it so far screams "trap series".

Double-page supporter
I would've liked for this to be something less trite and uninteresting, but oh well I do enjoy dumpster fires. It's either a cliché crossdressing manga or fetishised trans one; whatever it is, my expectations are low.

Contributor
Not sure what to make of this so far, but I'm willing to give Oshimi the benefit of the doubt at least.

Dex-chan lover
Kei loved Yohei
Yohei loved Mitani
Mitani loved Kei
Kei kissed Mitani to see whether he was gay or not
Yohei saw this and broke off communication with them both
Kei moved away
Yohei decided to start to a relationship with Mitani
Kei is back, she is a woman now
Kei wants to start from scratch with Yohei
Yohei is getting confused

Honestly, it seems pretty simple for now. Wonder if Kei is still in love with Yohei or she has more sinister thoughts in mind after Yohei acted like a dick towards her, since her face was kept hidden when she was reminiscing this chapter.

Hope everything works out well between the two.

Dex-chan lover
@abc003262202 This does not make her physically female yet. It is for this reason that lesbians hate trans female, who are trying to seduce them along with talking about "female dicks."

Dex-chan lover
@smolbaka Well, this is not new to Japanese culture. I have been saying this as a fan of visual kei for over 10 years. I just want to say that the idea that a person should attract you as a female just because they identify themselves as such is quite offensive.

Banned
@abc003262202

he said he quit being a guy and thinks being a woman is more suit him, that's how a trans person is.

I think he mostly means about the outward appearance than what his genitals are.

"Trans" has more to do with the psychology of your gender than what fashion expression you take.

This confusion is common. As so many take that a guy who doesn't want stereotypical male society traits and wants to live femininely are often and wrongly mislabeled as "transexual". Despite having no qualms or confusion about his biological sex.

Users who are viewing this thread