Welcome Back, Alice - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Contact

Dex-chan lover
Kei is such a dick to Mitani. It’d be a much better manga if this gigachad was aiming for that sweet bisexual polyamory relationship instead of just being a garden variety “I’m gay for self-insert MC” trap.

Dex-chan lover
what is it with people's obsession with a fem-presenting guy peeing at a urinal, you see it in multiple manga, it's gotten pretty old at this point
i mean, who pees standing up wearing a skirt? that makes no sense, this is just done for shock value at this point, and the mc is annoying smh

We all express ourselves in different ways. Kei is more of the type to express himself with deeds. A very direct character. Which makes him more difficult to understand.
-Born as boy, but probably considers himself to be girl since birth.
-Probably love Kei from the start.
-Seeks to seduce Kei.
-Try to convince Mitami that he's not the same as before. And seeks to challenge her as a rival.

**Nice chapter**

I don't like this transvestite being manipulative, kissing and touching others by force. I have no problem with the protagonist discovering himself gay or anything, but without romanticizing abuse. This is clearly abuse, however, romanticized. And romanticizing this type of relationship is a well-known cliché of this type of manga. In real life this would not happen.

@mercenario
In real life this would not happen.

well... it is a manga, for you to know, a fiction, and the interpretation of romanticizing abuse its in your point of view, there is no real value yet in the manga by the autor.
If anyone thing this kind of actions are not bad, it is not fault of oshimi at all, and thats the real problem in the end

@kuxhu Bro this is abuse, dont try to put it in perspective... It is not my interpretation, its abuse. I know it's a fiction and the author can do whatever he wants with it. I know that the problem is in those who do not realize that this is horrible, but does the author himself see that? Thats my point. I've read other works by Oshimi and he loves to put the characters in this type of fetishized relationship and keep them submissive for a long time, without rationalizing about how fucked up and toxic their relationship is. What I hope to happen is that they realize this at some point in history and react, earlier than in his other works. But knowing the author, I dont expect that.

Users who are viewing this thread