Welcome to Japan, Elf-san! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Welcome to Japan, Elf-san. (2)

Dex-chan lover
Lmao when I saw the line I knew the comment section was going to be on fire, I mean naturally there is going to be a dislike of foreigners because of course it’s going to happen, it’s not like we were always the nicest to foreigners in our history

Thanks for the translation

Fed-Kun's army
Wow this chapter is jerking off Japan really hard. I'll add my 2 cents because everyone is also doing it. Japan is great country in terms of entertainment, it has so much interesting and fun stuff. However, Japan is not a good country in many other things. For example, it has low birth rates because its people are forced to work insane hours for barely legal pay which in turn creates no time or money for people to find meaningful relationship partners. Japan is very horrible when it comes to the justice system, heinous criminals will get piss short sentences for crimes which they should be in jail for many, many years and the conviction rate is around 98% because their legal system allows suspects to be held for up to 30 days and the police will pressure the individuals to a point where most of them just lie and say they did the crime in hopes to stop the stressful interrogations. I'm sure I don't need to remind you that the age of consent is 13, there are many things wrong with that, one of them being the fact that women do not finish developing their reproductive organs until they are 14. Another reason being the fact that it is wrong and immoral to allow a 13 year old to have sex. You can find countless explanations on why it is wrong so I won't explain it here. Another issue is the fact that Japan takes people's reputations very seriously, if you do something which even slightly makes you stand out people will rail it into the ground and make life hell for you, for students especially this is a massive problem. The suicide rates for students are second only to that of working adults, just thinking about the fact that people in Japan care so much about reputation that they will bully that person relentlessly to death. I know this is in issue in other countries too but its especially high in Japan.

Now I'm not saying other countries don't have their problems, but Japan REALLY needs to fix up, they are doing so many things wrong that its insane how there aren't daily headlines about Japan's misdeeds.
Though this manga is great so far, I can see this going to some really special places and I'm looking forward to it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Breadstick I only listed the obvious issues that Japan has, you can find countless more if you look up studies that have been done by students living in Japan. It's really morbid and horrible.

I like this manga because it feels comfy and i haven't seen a lot of "reverse isekai" settings, it has its faults like, it doesn't balance that well the sections between japan and the fantasy world and the drawing of the protagonist kazuhiho keeps worsening with each chapter.

@dkdumpling if you feel that this is hyperpatriotic and sucks off japan too hard don't approach the novel, it's like 10 times more direct and profuse to give praises to the country.

About some of the things you discussed:

Japan is great country in terms of entertainment, it has so much interesting and fun stuff. However, Japan is not a good country in many other things

I'm from a LATAM (Latin America country and we don't have even good countrymade entertainment, the TV series, comedy and musical programs got stuck in the 70's-90's and it all went downhill even since then by copying "reality shows" and "variety programs" from USA, also our animation/cartoons are really scarce and the ones produced every few years are bland or outright bad, the cheap produced movies are disguised as "art movies" etc.

For example, it has low birth rates because its people are forced to work insane hours for barely legal pay which in turn creates no time or money for people to find meaningful relationship partners.

Okay, a quick search says that the overworked salaryman that kinda is the image of explotation works aproximately 13 or 14 hours a day, six days a week, for three straight months. i don't know maybe they surpass us in this respect, most of the people i know work from 9-10:00 AM to 9-10 PM that's 12 hours, but we also spend like 4 hours or more in the transportation to get to work or school, people here would also try to have a rest day in sundays, when they say japanese work for 3 straight months i guess they refer to vacations/off-days, a lot of people here only take christmas to first week of january period and maybe one or two weeks in summer and that is "if" you have the chance to take vacations, so we suppose work here is for six months straight, in the lists that have the Average annual labor hours per worker japan averages from 1600 to 1800 hours a year, while my country and a few other LATAM ones average from 1900 to 2100.

Now if payed by the minimum wage workers in Japan earn an approximate of $11,254.00 USD a year, payed minimum wage in my country something that isn't even certain in a lot of cases, we earn $1,753.00 USD a year, that's japanese earn almost 6.5 times what people payed minimum earn in a year here.

Japan is very horrible when it comes to the justice system, heinous criminals will get piss short sentences for crimes which they should be in jail for many, many years and the conviction rate is around 98% because their legal system allows suspects to be held for up to 30 days and the police will pressure the individuals to a point where most of them just lie and say they did the crime in hopes to stop the stressful interrogations.

There are a lot of crimes to take in cosideration but let's take a look, you say the true heinous criminals never are incarcerated in Japan ok that shouldn't happen anywhere, here politicians, people from goverment, public service or the ones from big corporations steal all the money from our countries reaching points where they left states/municipalities broke and with millions in debt, most of them stole those and became rich or even richer and some of them were never seen again since they escaped to some remote paradise to enjoy "their" fortunes, the ones that are acussed are used as political advantage sometimes and then exonarated from their charges after next presidential elections or so, the ones that go to jail live like kings inside their private rooms in jail as if they weren't prisoners.

And as for other crimes our region is famous for the impunity by which all kinds of crimes are left without punishment for criminals that are arrested two, three or more times and freed again and again after a few weeks, months or years for crimes like homicide, robbery, robbery with violence etc., for example, japan has a homicide rate of 0.26 for every 100,000 inhabitants, USA has a rate of 4.96, while our fabulous LATAM countries have rates from like 4.50 in Chile to 52.02 in El Salvador with most countries averaging something like 15-20.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you that the age of consent is 13, there are many things wrong with that, one of them being the fact that women do not finish developing their reproductive organs until they are 14. Another reason being the fact that it is wrong and immoral to allow a 13 year old to have sex. You can find countless explanations on why it is wrong so I won't explain it here.

And yet again according to WHO and several other institutions: adolescent pregnancy rates in Latin America and the Caribbean continue to be the second highest in the world, estimated at 66.5 births per 1,000 girls aged 15-19 years, second only to Sub-Saharan Africa, according to the report "Accelerating progress toward the reduction of adolescent pregnancy in Latin America and the Caribbean."

Although total fertility - the number of children per woman - in Latin America and the Caribbean has declined over the past 30 years, adolescent fertility rates have dropped minimally during that period, according to the report. Additionally, it is the only region where a rising trend has been observed in pregnancies among adolescents younger than 15 years, according to UNFPA

So yeah i'm with you in that Japan isn't as great as some weebs, otakus and ultra nationalits from there would like to believe, and i also think that they should get better in those respect too, but in every point you touched we in Latin America and the Caribbean are in worse condition every single time, the only one that Japan is always above us i think is suicides, and even in that respect since we have had a lot of economic problems and now thanks to the COVID a lot of workers lost their job, probabily we will see a rise in that respect in this region, so we are worse here in a lot of cases despite not being as stuck up in societal norms as the japanese.

Fed-Kun's army
@redeagles1 Oh I'm not saying that Japan is the worst country in all those aspects. I'm just saying that the author is sucking off Japan enough to drain its balls dry when it has so many obvious issues. I still like the manga but the author is either ignorant or has not seen real Japan.

Dex-chan lover
"japan is a great country where everyone leads tranquil lives"
"japanese people look up to foreign cultures as well"

doesn't kaz feel any shame lying so baldly to this elf :kek: :kek: :kek:

Users who are viewing this thread