Welcome to Japan, Elf-san! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Welcome to Japan, Elf-san. (2)

The comment section here really escalated quickly into a hate filled troll war. That's the ol' internet I know and love!

Power Uploader
@Kinji
Cutlery refers specifically to eating utensils like forks, knives, and spoons (and I suppose chopsticks). However, she was referring to the place setting being beautiful. Tableware would have been a better word choice in that situation. It's not a big deal, but for whatever reason 'cutlery' struck me as really out of place in the conversation.

Group Leader
@Aichan
you know what? i'm done with your blind love for japan, do i hate them? no, what i hate is how most of them so proud become nationalism shit. can you imagine for 3rd generation line we all the descendant having PTSD because what war done? what fact? the fact that media has polish true story from victim and missed most detail? the fact that uncharted victim not get their right because media wont reach them? if they sincerely apologize why the victim still press for justice till now? that with korea how about developing country ex- japan colony? they silince them. heck even in their own country, crime as domestic violence, murder, & sex violence covered up.

dont tag me i'm done, you can have all love for japan.

I just found this series, and I'm enjoying it.

I think the cover image doesn't do it justice.

Also weird how MC keeps switching between "Elf-san" and "Mary"

Dex-chan lover
@TjapDjemboet

You know you've been pulling things out of your ass and that every fact was against your hearsay, and you call me blind. You're the blind one for being bound by old hatred. Remember Palestine and Israel? You are one of those trying to create the same conflict, except, the Japanese people no longer does what you claim they do. Try to find out the truth instead of listening to exaggerations of people who want attention and special treatment.

You know Malaysia? That country that was invaded so quickly that the British forces ran away leaving everything behind? The girls there were raped too, both by the Japanese and by the Communist. You know why you don't hear them complaining about it and demanding apology over and over? Because they wanted to move forward without being bound by the past.

I would've let this go had you not say such ignorant, conspiracy theory things in your last post, but you just had to get the final say, do you? And it's the final say not backed by anything but your own prejudice.

Regardless, I agree. I shall stop this here. There is nothing more to argue. This has gone long enough.

I don't mind if author-san is painting his country in the best colors, but the food being so great? Sorry Japan, but for the rest of the world it's an acquired taste 😄

SuppeBargeld
Besides the fact that what you of off as "great food" varies from country to country... She lives in a country with little food culture and he has been "taming" her with japanese food for years.

@Rafaelrgm fair point actually, I forgot he gave her japanese food before. Though for someone from a medieval period, japanese food (or modern food in general) would probably be a shock in the beginning. The amount of seasoning alone would be very off-putting for someone who isn't used to it.

Dex-chan lover
>Reverse isekai manga about an elf coming to the human's modern world in Japan
>Comment section devolves into discussion about Japanese warcrimes during WW2

[sniff] It's... It's like I'm really back on Bato... [wipes away tear]

T-too wholesome.

@SuppeBargeld I'm sure most Asians would find Japan food rather normal. Actually, Japanese food are rather 'bland' compared to other Asian's cuisine, especially Southeast Asian ones. Chinese food covers huge spectrum of flavor too. That's a huge chunk of the world.

I came for the wholesomeness, and I stayed for the comment section. So many interesting coms. It's rare to see people doing real argumentation without insulting each other~

Fed-Kun's army
i have the feeling that this will turn into a tourism commercial for japan

haha one of the most respected nations

just how blind and arrogant can you be
like i get that its not a good thing but most people outside of japan like for example look down on the japanese. its a racism thing that is a big problem but reallly cant be overlooked like most people where im from think of the japanese as old fashioned wierd af pricks with moral standards stuck 100 years ago. i for my part cant realy agree with the views most people have but i do agree that some social things like how women and gay people are viewed by the japanese public really is outdated and unnaccetable.

I love the stuff from japan but I wouldn't want to live there. This manga over hyped japan.

I always find it sad that people decide to bash another country at the first chance they get. No country is perfect, each has done its own share of crimes and atrocities. But c'mon let people be proud of the good aspects of their countries.

Dex-chan lover
So if they want to go back to the fantasy world, they need only find the nearest truck-kun! 😀

Double-page supporter
Regardless of the comment section here, I for one am pleased that the author made it clear that Japan appreciates elements of other cultures while other cultures also appreciate elements of Japan's culture. Usually in LNs and certain manga I seem to read stuff like "Japan da bestest in evurthing", so it's nice to see a bit more of a nuanced take here. I am neither defending nor attacking anything political or historical here, just enjoying nuance for once.

Users who are viewing this thread