Welcome to Japan, Elf-san! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Welcome to Japan, Elf-san. (2)

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if knowing magic helps you look at the world in a different way, but biology, chemistry and physics sure do. These are the only things that keep myself away from depression and other nasty stuff that youngsters nowadays love to have.
Some kids may never have any idea how pleasant can it feel - understanding cellular mechanisms driving animals around you, knowing how field interactions give objects mass and sublight speed, realizing turbulencies developing in the air surrounding your springy watery body. That sure is sad, won't you agree?

Oh wait, am I in wrong comment sections yet again? Damnation... I forgot that people usually don't care to give careful thought to such things.

Dex-chan lover
> I'm a patriot, my country of US is the best
- yea yuu-huu you go man!

> same but from Japan\Germany
- you fucking racist, remember 3rd Reich and used panties!!1

Double-page supporter
That Elf is truly wise.

Edit: I don't envy you Japan, I just love all the awesome shit you make for us.

Edit 2: Goddamn the Nippon-fapping was strong this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Equilibrium

Where exactly does it say anywhere in this manga or outside that the Japanese are proud of Nanjing?

In the first place, Nanjing was done by people who are already dead. It was done by soldiers of the Imperial Japan, not post-war pacifist Japan. How much longer are people going to blame current Japanese people for stuff they never did? Sins of the grandfather does not become sins of the grandchild.

If your father was a rapist, are you a rapist by default?

Group Leader
@Aichan
1. unless, over 90% all fiction has japan made is sexual & slavery theme?

2. no sincerely apologies for victim country nor compensation like german did to jews from goverment?

3. if so as a child you dont have obligation to apologize/give compensation for victim and not to do same sin?

eastern culture taking their predecessor sin as great shame, that was contrary with later nationalism shit shown

Group Leader
@Logic → Oh, I agree that the US loves itself a bit too much too, that doesn't invalidate my argument that "Japan is the best" is a blatant lie.
Also, he could have shown her how great Japan is, instead of just spurring it out like this.

@Mitsuboshi → You should probably visit Switzerland. It's like Japan, but better (I'm not Swiss BTW, I'm Spanish and live in Spain, and my country is a bit of a shitshow).

@Owyn → Again, the US attitude isn't good either... That's like saying that Mussolini was a Saint because he wasn't as fucked up as Hitler. Both are dumb, both are lies and both are bad.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I actually like this manga, especially the fact that he is actually showing her Japan, not just telling her how great it is or lying about how that water pump (or any other technology...) he just built was a Japanese revolutionary invention...
There's incredible things he can show her, from architecture to culture, food and technological marvels.
I'm just wondering if he will also show how racist, close-minded and phobique Japan can be too.

Probably not 😋

Dex-chan lover
@Aichan

- Where exactly does it say anywhere in this manga or outside that the Japanese are proud of Nanjing?
MC seems really proud of his country's "rich history" and it being "the most respected island nation", I was merely pointing out how certain people might feel different about it.

- In the first place, Nanjing was done by people who are already dead.
So everything the MC is proud about was also done by people who died. Don't do double standards.

- It was done by soldiers of the Imperial Japan, not post-war pacifist Japan. How much longer are people going to blame current Japanese people for stuff they never did?
Whoa, did I blame currently living Japanese for raping Nanjing? No.

- Sins of the grandfather does not become sins of the grandchild.
That might be, but "post-war pacifist Japan" still 100% denies a historical fact based on countless proof. This is a little bit iffy in my opinion. And no, if my father were a rapist I wouldn't be myself, however telling the victims children in their face that they are lieing and they are, in fact, prostitutes? BOY!

Double-page supporter
Imagine hating on people for liking their country. S M H.

Dex-chan lover
@TjapDjemboet
1. unless, over 90% all fiction has japan made is sexual & slavery theme?
Do you understand the difference between fantasy and reality? In the first place, Japan did away with slavery much earlier than their European counterparts, in the 15th century. There has not been any system of slavery since then. The reason for the slavery theme in their isekai stories, are for two reasons, one being that they believe it was normal for there to be slavery in that kind of setting, and two, because they already did away with slavery way earlier than Europeans, they wanted to show their higher moral ground.

2. no sincerely apologies for victim country nor compensation like german did to jews from goverment?
Where did you hear this from? Communist China and racists, right? You didn't know that they regularly give development grants and financial aid to Southeast Asian countries since the 80s? As for apologies, who told you they never apologized? There has been numerous apologies made by Japan, the only difference was, whether their apologies were accepted or not. China refused to accept their apologies, with the first famous refusal being by Mao himself, who said Japan needn't apologize, because if Japan didn't attack China, Communists wouldn't have gotten China. Don't believe me? Research yourself, don't listen to gossips.

3. if so as a child you dont have obligation to apologize/give compensation for victim and not to do same sin?
The Japanese are already beating themselves and their children over what has happened. Do you expect every generation to bow their heads and beg for apology from every country in every generation? The Japanese already pledged not to do the same sin since they lost the war. It wasn't America that told them to disarm, America wanted Imperial Japan to continue. It was the Japanese themselves who disarmed and became a pacifist country post-war because they were afraid that if they took up arms again, they would repeat history. This fear is unfounded, but this fear has been deeply rooted in Japanese society that the idea of war terrorizes them a lot.

You say a child has an obligation to apologize, compensate for the victim? Okay, let's imagine your father was a rapist. You apologize and compensate the victim. With me so far? Now, you tell your child to also apologize and compensate your father's victim. And you also tell your grandchilden to apologize and compensate for your father's victim. Is that acceptable to you? Is that fair to you? That's what you're trying to say when you ask today's Japanese people to apologize for what happened in WW2.

Equilibrium
1) MC seems really proud of his country's "rich history" and it being "the most respected island nation", I was merely pointing out how certain people might feel different about it.
I don't see why a mangaka portraying pride about his country in a manga he made in Japanese is a bad thing. Feeling pride about the place you were born, raised and live in is no sin.

2) So everything the MC is proud about was also done by people who died. Don't do double standards.
No. Are today's Japanese people still killing people in Nanjing? Tell me about double standards if they still are. The cultural and socio-economic sucesses of today's Japan are made and still being made by currently living people. Sushi, there's a lot of people still making them. Roads, there are a lot of people still making them. Electrical appliance, Japanese companies are still doing it. Where is the double standards?

3) Whoa, did I blame currently living Japanese for raping Nanjing? No.
You claimed that they were proud of their culture because of Nanjing. Your words. "I live on an island in the middle of Europe, sadly we didn't do a Nanjing to be proud of our culture though."

4) That might be, but "post-war pacifist Japan" still 100% denies a historical fact based on countless proof. This is a little bit iffy in my opinion. And no, if my father were a rapist I wouldn't be myself, however telling the victims children in their face that they are lieing and they are, in fact, prostitutes? BOY!
No, where did you learn this? While it's true that the Japanese government isn't so forthcoming with details of their predecessors war crimes, but where did they deny allegations backed by evidence? They never denied Nanjing for instance, and numeroues people responsible for Nanjing was executed for war crimes shortly after the conclusion of WW2.

Users who are viewing this thread