Welcome to Japan, Elf-san! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Welcome to Japan, Elf-san. (2)

Dex-chan lover
@Zypex

Agreed.

There's good points and bad points to any country, it just depends on how what you personally value more of and, to a slightly lesser extent but still very notable, how rich you are. The personal values will obviously be determined by your wealth too.

Most 1st world areas are probably ideal if you're rich enough that you don't have to work (but likely will work in some form anyway, since your options to make more money are vast). Just pick to your preferences.

If you aren't well above "middle class", you have loads of issues that will affect you in some way. Taxes, healthcare, cost of living + entertainment, local culture. All things that, depending on what exactly you prefer doing and how much it impacts you, may or may not be too significant. But are things that you would have to worry about in some form regardless, wherever you live/ choose to live (if you can even make a move at some point).

Double-page supporter
Author ain't wrong Japan is the number one country. Elf is so cute

Fed-Kun's army
>That might be how it looks, but you're not dead. If you sleep over here, you should be able to go back to that world.
I would never make that kind of promise in that situation, especially if I'm only starting to grasp the concept. What if it only worked one-way? Or specifically because it was death by dragon's breath? Or his body over there (with that goddamn magic screen) was a projection? His food from here was merely duped over there since the containers here were emptied, which means the containers there are littering the dungeon. I'm pretty sure he hasn't actually died here to see if he'll just pop up there and can return anytime firsthand.

Putting aside the Japan nationalism (you're allowed to praise what you like if you know the audience you're reaching to), I'd love to see him eat his words for that claim down the line.

Fed-Kun's army
as a non islander i can confirm im extremely jealous of japan and its island culture. theyve got so many fuckin islands man all i have in my country are some shitty rivers

Fed-Kun's army
I love thissss!! Smart MC! He explains everything without hiding information like other retarded isekai mcs. It makes miscommunication nonexistent! Finally! A cool and smart MC.

Holy fuck the saltiness level here is of the charts ahahahahah...... the author just did what most hollywood movies always do..... American propaganda...... they make america looks great, how advanced they are, how down to earth and polite and badass their people are....... but apparently if a JAPANESE AUTHOR does the same to promote their country it is considered as “sucking their own dick”..... really hilarious 😂

Group Leader
This feels really heartwarming, especially when compared to the female knight counterpart.
Fingers crossed this manga will never have to come to that.

Double-page supporter
@mrmm no, I just travel a lot and I've come to the conclusion that Japan is the complete package. The pros outweigh the cons

Page 22 damnit, an egg....that's huge egg, hahaha.......dank, kind can expect what will happend😅

Dex-chan lover
@Logic

They mention it in the movies, but don't outright say it.
Take the CN novels as comparison. Whenever they start including rants about other nations (especially Japan , Korea & USA) it often has some racist or nationalist vibes to it. Then when those chapters are translated (or MTL-readers or people who actually know the language read ahead and mention and explain it) that gets commented on a lot.

Basically, showing off is okay, but showing off and vividly explaining why it's like that is not okay.

Dex-chan lover
I live on an island in the middle of Europe, sadly we didn't do a Nanjing to be proud of our culture though.

Dex-chan lover
Oh boi I sure hope no one tells the goverment about her, no one would do something that stupid right?

Dex-chan lover
Shoulda told her about the used panties vending machines and realistic loli love dolls. Those are also extremely Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread