Welcome to Japan, Elf-san! - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - It's French, Ms. Elf

Group Leader
I'm not entirely sure as to why this chapter was deleted, but I reuploaded it with a few tweaked translations and fixes in areas where people in the comments helped.

Fed-Kun's army
I had two more but didn't get them in before the chapter disappeared. 😆

Page 5: "laughing" should really be "smiling," but eh. :p
Page 11: https://www.weblio.jp/content/%E8%BF%91%E6%89%80%E4%BB%98%E3%81%8D%E5%90%88%E3%81%84 He's talking like he's there on duty instead of for personal reasons, using a busines term for human relations with the neighborhood residents. I think he's taking that attitude as a joke (and that's what the line about being a government worker is about later--I would guess they're not supposed to ask for unnecessary personal information).

Dex-chan lover
"アダッ" doesn't mean "needle fish", it's simply a yell when Kazuhiho's in pain when his foot got stomped, "Ouch!" is sufficient to use here. "おぶッ“ also didn't mean "pig", it's also a reaction from being hurt, like "Ugh!". Small tsu "ッ" in the end of a word of sentence simply means it's a chocked sound or glottal stop, you don't vocalize the 'tsu' there, you've to differentiate that from big tsu ツ.

ご近所付き合いなんて初めてだからねもう予約してあるのさ
Can simply be translated into "Since it's the first time we hang around like this, I've already made a reservation."

Dex-chan lover
I repeat: I expect that bill is gonna be huge because in fancy restaurants, one ounce of food costs more than your first born child

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see this is back. Hoping you pick it up cuz the TL and quality were pretty good.

Some of the lines definitely seem a bit off. You could probably use another TL pass.

Edit: Oh, it's MTL. Still, plenty of lines just don't really make sense in context. You don't need to know Japanese to notice that.

Dex-chan lover
A bit different from what I expected the neighbor couple to look from the novels, not that I'm complaining. He's pretty buff for a government employee...

he tells her how he loves the fact he can say something in japanese and make it that she does not understand it

then he realizes...

shit there are other japanese speakers at this table

Users who are viewing this thread