Welcome To Room 305!

It got picked up !! Thank you so much, Wanan's work are always a treat to read, they're always fun to read while dealing with upsetting/difficult matters.

Double-page supporter
@cromat hard agree. I wish other older Wanan works could get translated as well, it seems they did a high school setting one around the time Welcome to Room 305 was out.

@yutasgf Honestly the description doesn't do it justice, but in short the story starts with an homophobic dude that rooms with a gay guy without knowing. Eventually he grows out his prejudice, and we also get other lgb characters + sensitive topics sorrounding living in a korean society. It has comedy as well (usually is divided into a A plot and a B plot where the jokes and shit happen). I think is a pretty solid story.

@wild91a As you read, I'm sure you will find at least one character that will ring close to home. And is not the MC. An important theme in this story is that people change, you may be in for a surprise.

i love the comic so far! Touches on real life stuff and teaches people how to be more accepting of the LGBTQ+ community. Not only that but it’s really funny and has a great storyline which can push away it’s comedy to go for a more serious approach to a scene. Love it and love Wanan’s works! 10/10 for me so far:)

Double-page supporter
It's really fucking funny for me because they always make it seem like being gay is like being a murderer or some sort, they make it seem like you're just GAY and you're nothing more than that.

But it makes so angry when i think that it's REALLY like that for some people, i live in a place where people have mixed opinion about that (mostly because of religion) but jesus christ, i don't know if it's a time thing or whatever but holy shit.

Also i just expected the comic to be about 4 roommates and comedy and laughs with a little angst not a whole thing about homophobia, but i love that since even in gay mangas and manwhas, homophobia is never talked about and here the MC is homophobic, i think it should be in the description, since it's like the main of the manga.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
The first act sucks because motivations of one of the characters are purposefully hidden, and the last arc sucks because motivations of one of the characters are purposefully hidden. But the 120 or so chapters inbetween are all well and good

Users who are viewing this thread