Welcome to the Cheap Restaurant of Outcasts! - Ch. 46 - Sincerity VII

Dex-chan lover
That "thank you, mom" sounds and feels very weird coming from someone that is quite bigger and looks older than her....

Dex-chan lover
Honestly based on all the dumb shit the Silver Winged Troop has done between the former leader and now Katie, how does she escape this without a SIGNIFICANT punishment? She is a party to an attempted coup of the Kingdom, and she has no actual noble standing to protect her like the rest of the co-conspirators. Hell, from her own words she's basically just been the nobles plaything even though she is a high level adventurer. And she did this to protect girls who admitted they fabricated their credentials and bought their way into the Troop to begin with for the clout it gave them, which is hilarious.

Dex-chan lover
So let's see here. Bikini has :
  • Refused to officially side with MC when he got kicked out (yes she was away at the time and got angry that he left without putting up a fight but she could've just quit and followed him if she truly cared) [Ch.1]
  • Revealed MC's past that he was trying to conceal (his being a former member of the SWT) [Ch. 6] which contributed to his shop (with several priceless, one-of-a-kind tomes) getting burned down (which she has also partially taken responsibility for, i.e. complicity by inaction) [Ch.11]
  • Tried to guilt him into coming back into the party she explicitly knew was and outright decried as poorly led by a commander of dubious skill and sanity (her argument was that he wouldn't be able to level up by caring for his store) [Ch. 6]
  • Got "cold feet" when MC was getting his ass whooped by the commander, despite claiming she would step in to help if he was about to lose (mom called her out on it), which forced him into levelling up (rendering the previous point's original argument moot) [Ch.17]
    • corollary : the commander had to be removed by MC, not her, so she couldn't even take care of the party she sacrificed everyone and everything for
  • Did not defend him as he was getting falsely arrested by her client [Ch.34]
  • Outright called him "no longer my friend" and watched him get tortured [Ch.35]
  • Defended Isabella from Jean who was trying to rescue her son[Ch. 37]
  • Knowingly and willingly aided and abetted a coup attempt against the rulers (AKA high treason) [Ch.44-now] because "I can't abandon those girls." and justified her treatment of Denys with, and I quote : "That time, I already asked you to come back and you refused. So don't think badly of me."
  • And now, utterly defeated, tried to paint Jean as being selfish for helping the person she cares about most (and is once again called out on it by mom).
All she has done for MC is oppose him (directly or indirectly), ignore his plight and even actively participate in it and overall refuse to side with him at every turn despite him still helping her out whenever he can. With friends like these...
I can't accept in good faith that she'll be forgiven in a few chapters.
oooh but she has a strong sense of responsibility for her party!!!
Was Denys not part of that party? Was he not a comrade of hers? If he was so important to her, how the hell do you justify EVERYTHING I've just listed? At ANY point she could've said "fuck this, he matters to me", dropped everything and helped him, like Jean and Atorie did a few chapters ago (Jean quit her position and Atorie reclaimed her family name and responsibilities). But she didn't. They'll be better people than I to forgive someone like that; someone pulled all that shit on me, that's an opp, not someone I'd forgive.

Dex-chan lover
  • Refused to officially side with MC when he got kicked out (yes she was away at the time and got angry that he left without putting up a fight but she could've just quit and followed him if she truly cared) [Ch.1]
  • Revealed MC's past that he was trying to conceal (his being a former member of the SWT) [Ch. 6] which contributed to his shop (with several priceless, one-of-a-kind tomes) getting burned down (which she has also partially taken responsibility for, i.e. complicity by inaction) [Ch.11]
  • Tried to guilt him into coming back into the party she explicitly knew was and outright decried as poorly led by a commander of dubious skill and sanity (her argument was that he wouldn't be able to level up by caring for his store) [Ch. 6]
  • Got "cold feet" when MC was getting his ass whooped by the commander, despite claiming she would step in to help if he was about to lose (mom called her out on it), which forced him into levelling up (rendering the previous point's original argument moot) [Ch.17]
    • corollary : the commander had to be removed by MC, not her, so she couldn't even take care of the party she sacrificed everyone and everything for
  • Outright called him "no longer my friend" and watched him get tortured [Ch.35]
  • Knowingly and willingly aided and abetted a coup attempt against the rulers (AKA high treason) [Ch.44-now] because "I can't abandon those girls." and justified her treatment of Denys with, and I quote : "That time, I already asked you to come back and you refused. So don't think badly of me."
  • And now, utterly defeated, tried to paint Jean as being selfish for helping the person she cares about most (and is once again called out on it by mom).
All she has done for MC is oppose him (directly or indirectly), ignore his plight and even actively participate in it and overall refuse to side with him at every turn despite him still helping her out whenever he can. With friends like these...

Was Denys not part of that party? Was he not a comrade of hers? If he was so important to her, how the hell do you justify EVERYTHING I've just listed? At ANY point she could've said "fuck this, he matters to me", dropped everything and helped him, like Jean and Atorie did a few chapters ago (Jean quit her position and Atorie reclaimed her family name and responsibilities). But she didn't. They'll be better people than I to forgive someone like that; someone pulled all that shit on me, that's an opp, not someone I'd forgive.
Girl threw it all away for the sake of a guild reputation that by all rights no longer exists, something she wasnt even leading or created, an imaginary image in the view of some random girls that were tricked by the old leader of the party. She is gutless for all the reasons you explained and for holding on to a party name and legacy that doesn't even deserve to exist; but that's what makes the character more human, its a terrible flaw of character that gives a bit more dimension to the character instead of being just someone who always does the right thing in the eyes of the viewer.

I think it makes her character more meaningful, I mean, we're all talking about it, if she was just a "do the right thing all the time" kind of character we wouldn't be in the comments raging about it.

Supporter
Mothers’ cooking will always be the best, she probably needs to hear what Denys thinks of her as a mother.

Dex-chan lover
She just called her a "stupid bitch" in mom.
Cookin' mama got skills... Also, never let an enemy chef cook.

Dex-chan lover
Only way bikini can redeem herself is to take a bullet for MC , his mom or any of the main casts at this point.
Gets to die a hero’s death and make up for all her fuckups.

Dex-chan lover
I'd still like to reaffirm that this whole arc is happening for the position of royal chef, a job that holds no real power; outside of the kitchen.

People are committing high treason and betraying long time friendships for this.

Dex-chan lover
Wow that's what I call a mother (other example can be found in isekai tensei soudouki with maggot)

Tanks for the food

Dex-chan lover

She cannot be forgiven man I didn’t even remember it was this bad…

death to redeem only way 😂

Dex-chan lover
We stan for mom-son duo kicking ass, they about to cook those soldiers, they cooking, they about to roast them...Ran out of cook jokes

Anyone know how the JP bros reacted to bikini lady? Not sure if raws are released chapter by chapter or in batches, because if so I feel like if we all read Sincerity 1-7 in one go we would've hated her less. Still a psychopath who projects though, don't get me wrong

Dex-chan lover
Skimming through some previous chapters, it seems like there are some neat contrasts between Denys and Katy.

Both started out poor but while Dany sticks with his principles and become welcomed by the Chef Jean and her restaurant, Katy works her way out using any means necessary without anyone to really guide and love her.

I suppose this means the guild is her final objective, her one and only home then? That might explain why she's still clinging to the guild even after most of the members left.

The ending in Chapter 6 also changes context a bit. Back then it was just Denys saying goodbye to Katy, with the light behind him showing that he is happy there, but now we know for certain that the darkness behind her represents the Silver Wing guild.

From being a corrupt guild consisting of a vain and petty leader and cowardly followers who would rather bow their head and follow orders, to a crumbling house that's more profitable to destroy than maintain and suffer even a day more in for 90% of the members. Still, that's the only home she only knows of, and Denys happily choosing his restaurant over the guild by the time of chapter 6 may seem like a betrayal to her.

There might be some envy in there too, as she sees Denys' new home and family as something she is an outsider of.
"Responsibilities and people you want to protect", guess that Bitch pretty much admited to never caring about Denys, since she's willing to literally kill him for some strangers 🫡
She knows the members, right? It's still pretty dumb to choose one dying guild over Denys, but to her they're not really strangers.
I'd still like to reaffirm that this whole arc is happening for the position of royal chef, a job that holds no real power; outside of the kitchen.
Ch. 17 and 38 implies that the minister can overthrow the royal authority and control the nation with this position, and ch. 36 said that they're the only one trusted to see the king and attempts to know his face or name can end in an execution.

If we want to blame someone from the main cast for the diner's burning, then it's Atorie's fault more than Katy's (I don't think we should blame her tho). What the revelation did is force the guild to back off and not much else, that burning was mainly caused by the greater plot they're disturbing.

Based on his expressions in ch. 6 and 10, it seems like he did regret not being able to level up so it's a pretty strong reason. She won't be able to use that reasoning if he joins other guilds, but he didn't.

Dex-chan lover
She knows the members, right? It's still pretty dumb to choose one dying guild over Denys, but to her they're not really strangers..
The Sympathy fishing flashback before has shown that the original guild she used to be part of already was pretty much abolished, those girls just decided to join her after the fact, considering what she had to have went through alongside Denys in the entire time they knew each other, you can't exactly say she would be closer to them than to him.

She just doesn't deserve a second chance, since she tried to kill someone closest to her (assumebly) just for the words of some stranger, while literally rather assisting in treason, than help her friend 😐

Though you clearly can't call her friend/good or anything, she'd honestly rather be an enemy you'd need to get rid of first

Dex-chan lover
The Sympathy fishing flashback before has shown that the original guild she used to be part of already was pretty much abolished, those girls just decided to join her after the fact, considering what she had to have went through alongside Denys in the entire time they knew each other, you can't exactly say she would be closer to them than to him.
It's not about being close or not, I already said her choice is dumb, they're still not strangers.

And generally, as a senior and leader, you should have some responsibilities to take care of the people under you.

Users who are viewing this thread