Welcome to the Impregnable Demon King Castle ~The Black Mage Who Got Kicked Out of the Hero Party Due to His Unnecessary Debuffs Gets Welcomed by the…

Dex-chan lover
@FgoSegul:
You ask that seriously?
The situation is literally explained on the first pages of the first chapter.

I want to watch the deterioration of the former party of the main character ever since he'd been kicked out.

Double-page supporter
FORMER HERO PARTY fighting the enemy

Hero Comrades: Hmh I'm too fast!
Spectator: Wow he/she's so fast!

Black Mage: Guys, I just x100 slows it down...
Everyone: Shut up!

I appreciate the posting of the whole chapter at once. At least it doesn't leave a cliffhanger mid chapter

Dex-chan lover
@talh nevermind, it makes sense now. For some reason i remember it being very poorly translated which confused me

This set of chapters really shows how strong good Black Mages can be, and why he couldn’t do the same thing to the Monk in the bar.

He made use of the Shopkeeper, who has practically no combat ability, to go against a combatant, and in a mere second he removed the Thief’s senses and made him so weak a Non-Combatant could take him out in 1 hit. Now imagine if he did this to the Monk in front of everyone.... rather than being amazed, people would be terrified of him since he can literally make all their Boons/Skills worthless

I want to see his former teammate now, surely he will meet them again right?

Fed-Kun's army
hehe, cant wait for this "hero" party to fall because they lost him, and even more if they stand against him and be defeated.. that would be best sigh to behold :D

Dex-chan lover
@Blindreaper I think it's simpler than that. He promised his teacher to not reveal his true power to anyone, since if he used it on someone, they will doubt him as a self-taught black magician and trying to figure out his teacher(since there is not much of black magic user in the first place, left alone the really strong one). So why did he use it on the thief? Well, as he always said, black magic is not flashy, nobody realise him using it(with exception the shopkeeper, but like everyone else, he didn't know the extent of his power).

The most important thing is, he fed up being in a party that doesn't want him. So he doesn't want to prove anything even if he could, decided to split up and compete with them.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for translating! I wish i could read more of this on a weekly basis :p

Fed-Kun's army
Anyone who played a MMO know how important are debuffs. Hell, I remember how some people would deliberately use a certan underleveled weapon for it's defense debuff

Now I want to see that party fall! It will be glorious and satisfying to see their faces when everything went wrong for them.

Double-page supporter
I’ll be sad when Remme’s friend inevitably faces a reputation hit due to the absence of Remme in the party; after all, it wasn’t the friend who wanted him gone, it was everyone else. He doesn’t deserve it... he lost his lifelong friend (at least, they won’t be able to interact with each other regularly) and inevitably his reputation as well due to circumstances outside of his control :(

I have to say that I am enjoying this manga quite a lot. I do like that the Hero Party are not all asshats or the tired old cliche of the Hero, his harem and the MC. They even had legitimate reasons to question the Black Mage's addition to the party since his spells have no visible indicators and that they feel nepotism is the main reason Phoenix added him to the party.

Since adventuring in this work is pretty much a reality TV show, I can see why less flashy classes get pushed to the wayside. Smarter parties might actually have their Black Mage doing something; running commentary, calling out tactics, evil gloating, looking pretty etc. This justifies their addition to the audience while the party appreciates their debuffs.

I can easily see why the Hero Party wound up in this state. They had taken Remme's debuffs for granted for so long that they started believing that it was entirely their own strength carrying them through the dungeon. They might have noticed the difference at the beginning but after a length of time, they figured that they had outgrown Remme's debuffs and were that kickass all on their lonesome. Essentially they did the worst thing a professional competitor could do, they bought into their own hype.

I also like that the Hero is actually a nice guy and not the kind of person that makes the audience ask if they had gotten the Hero and Villain titles mixed up somewhere. I am kinda disappointed that he did not also quit the party since they were adamant about kicking out his Bro. What did you think would happen when you denigrate and expel a person's best friend?

One thing I did notice is that it was the Meatheads, those who rely entirely on physical ability, who failed to realize the power of Black Magic. Not only is it a potent force multiplier, it is incredibly subtle. The enemy might not even know that one of their own is afflicted and in serious trouble until he is cut down in one swing. The stalwart warrior who you could expect to dodge arrows gets rooted to the spot all of a sudden.

This plays well into Remme's new role as a Demon Army employee. It is not like he is an actual traitor to Humanity as it would be in other works. If one side kicked you out, how could they blame you for switching teams? Remme could just sit ominously on a throne somewhere, swilling wine in a goblet as the monsters clean up the Adventurers. Few would even pay him any attention since most are unfamiliar with the effects of Black Magic (since Black Mages are apparently rare and underappreciated), allowing Remme to act with impunity. His first assignment? Why the fifth floor of course. He will probably wear a mask to disguise his identity to give him that mysterious air. Soon that level becomes the gate which adventurers cannot overcome. All parties' progress stalls at the fifth level.

When he is not stymieing Adventurers on the fifth floor, Remme is likely have innocent dates with Mira who is probably his forgotten childhood friend who has had a crush on him since they were wee kids.

Users who are viewing this thread