Welcome to the Impregnable Demon King Castle ~The Black Mage Who Got Kicked Out of the Hero Party Due to His Unnecessary Debuffs Gets Welcomed by the…

Fed-Kun's army
Holy fuck this is fucking stupid really? kicking someone who can use debuff skills? even mmorpgnewbies know not to mess up with people who have debuff skills

PS: I use to play Ran online before and trust me debuff skills are fucked up

I really like how this is developing.
I wonder if he'll end up serving like a pair of boxing gloves, protecting friend and foe from lethal damage, but helping the monsters dominate like heroes.
However it goes, this looks interesting, thanks for translating.

Dex-chan lover
@Sakai
Holy fuck this is fucking stupid really? kicking someone who can use debuff skills? even mmorpgnewbies know not to mess up with people who have debuff skills

PS: I use to play Ran online before and trust me debuff skills are fucked up

Ikr, mathematically it's so simple too, if you allow your 3 team members to do +33% damage each you've already broken even for damage, in reality this world doesn't work with numbers like from a game, but if you are capable of slowing opponents down to the point where they become useless you've more than doubled your damage output while keeping teammates safe from attacks

Fed-Kun's army
@Nogoodimaginativename EXACTLY! maybe the reason why they thought debuff users are useless because they haven't fight someone who's capable of destroying a continent. -200 iq moments i guess

Dex-chan lover
@Sakai @Nogoodimaginativename
To be fair, in most games (especially pve like final fantasy, whatever), an important monster like boss or area boss can't be debuffed, they usualy resist everything and THEY are the one that cast multi debuff to us.

If I have to choose between buff mage and debuff mage, I will choose buff mage any day because buff is guaranteed to work on the party, and also buff mage usually learn debuff-clear like Esuna, which is even better.

But then again, the new hero party is dumb regardless because after kicking him, they didn't choose a buff mage to compensate, but instead goes full firepower

Fed-Kun's army
@musicfreak12 the thing is monster is not the only enemy in the manga (let's just say) and were talking about a demon lord disciple here, there's still a possibility he can debuff a monster boss, who knows but still stupid move

Double-page supporter
As someone who has played SMT games and has learned the value of both buffs and debuffs, I can most certainly tell you that the hero party's going to be FUCKED without debuffs or a way to remove debuffs on the party.

Another Beta MC yet again. Why am I not surprised?

When MC said, even if it meant going against his friends (or childhood friend), I was like, hmm... Why is our MC even considering he has a friend in his previous party.
When the MC resigned himself from his previous party, his childhood friend (the hero) could have followed MC, but instead the hero chose fame (As the leader of the world's number 4 party).
I hope that the MC overcomes his weakness (i.e. His Personality).
Now this is why manga like The dark massacre of the vengeful hero are famous.

Dex-chan lover
@Nogoodimaginativename
Actually in the web novel, it was explained that black magic did little to no effect to the monsters or pvp.
Here’s an example.

The enemy Black Sorcerer inflicts as many debuffs as it can on the Hero Fenix.

Attack is lowered by 3%, defense is lowered by 3%, speed is somewhat lowered, a haze is cast over his consciousness for an instant, a poison that does a few dozen points of damage against his total tens of thousands HP that only lasts for a few minutes at most, blinding magic that obstructs vision to the point of feeling like a bead of sweat fell in your eyes, and confusion magic has no effect.

That’s usually how it goes.

And that’s not to mention that the average Black Sorcerer can’t cast multiple spells at the same time, and even if they did, it’d only be two or three.

Therefore, black mages are not popular and the next best option is either full firepower or have a white mage to buff and heal the party.

Dex-chan lover
@Sakai
@Nogoodimaginativename
@musicfreak12

rather, think of it in terms of the world their in. The war ended in his teachers/her grandfather's time or before. Since then, they've only fought as a sport. The audience aren't gamers, they aren't going to understand plays using debuffs unless they experience it and the people who were around to feel it personally are old as fuck or dead. Add that, black mages are kinda rare and
it's use is kinda being suppressed because of just how much it fucked people up in the past.
and, yeah, they probably wouldn't understand how well it works. It isn't like they think it does nothing, just that they don't know if it makes people feel a little winded or if it basically gives them brain damage.

Dex-chan lover
@muser
Even if the hero follows the mc, the same thing is gonna repeat again. So his party is already very successful, why should he quit? He can support the mc behind the scene like have other people not bully him for being a black mage.

It is like you having a very successful business but throws it away for a friend who quits on his own because of friendship. It sounds nice but you also jeopardize your own future.

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12
To be fair, in most games (especially pve like final fantasy, whatever), an important monster like boss or area boss can't be debuffed, they usualy resist everything and THEY are the one that cast multi debuff to us.
So true, you're right! I guess it depends on the game, and therefore in this context it would depend on how exactly the magic system works.
If I have to choose between buff mage and debuff mage, I will choose buff mage any day because buff is guaranteed to work on the party, and also buff mage usually learn debuff-clear like Esuna, which is even better.
Yeah true, buffing usually seems to be more reliable. I think it really depends on the nature of buff / debuffs, if debuffs are like more action-oriented games like path of exile or risk of rain 2, sometimes they have AoE effects triggered on kills, triggering huge chains. But I do like your point, most games buffs seem more reliable
But then again, the new hero party is dumb regardless because after kicking him, they didn't choose a buff mage to compensate, but instead goes full firepower

@Xscalon
Actually in the web novel, it was explained that black magic did little to no effect to the monsters or pvp.

Therefore, black mages are not popular and the next best option is either full firepower or have a white mage to buff and heal the party.
Ah thank you for this explanation! Forgive me for skipping the spoiler, but the rest of your explanation is satisfying enough for me :)
I'm assuming it has something to do with what Carmilla said about him being the only top black mage... maybe he's the only one drawing out the full potential, or capable of doing so etc... I guess I'll wait and see

@Meridis
rather, think of it in terms of the world their in. The war ended ...
Your explanation explains a lot! So I guess it's something akin to a lost art? Thanks for the write-up

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 : Remember that at the end of the day, what they're after isn't the clear so much as the popularity ranking.

And part of the reasoning of kicking out Remme was that his magic wasn't flashy enough to earn them more popularity.

Dex-chan lover
@Sakai
You only said that because you don't live in their world. In their defense, all known black mage are not good. Also, this ain't a life and death dungeon, this is a show dungeon, so getting a teammate that can do flashy skill is always better than someone who only stand around the hero being protected. If they know his true power, they surely won't kick him, but we all know he can't show that.

@Xscalon The hero's party is successful because of the MC's power.

The hero knows that the party is at one of the top positions because of the MC and not because of his other party members, but the hero still let's the MC get bullied by his party members when MC was still in the party.
MC should stop clinging to the convenient idea that he still has a friend in his previous party.

MC should stop getting himself be bullied in spite of being so powerful.

As I said before, MC should overcome his weakness (i.e. his personality).

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F

The archer girl is an elf. The girl in the very last frame of this chapter is a human. It's true that they look very similar but there are differences and there is no reason to focus on her face like this other than because this new character is being stealthily introduced.

If you look at the top left frame you can also see her clothes and her build. I wouldn't say that her clothes fit a magic attacker and least of all a physical attacker. It's not quite the priest like garment most healers wear, but it seems close enough for me.

However, the main reason I am assuming she is a healer is simply because this party will certainly be facing the black mage and they will not stand a chance if they don't have some ways of countering his debuffs. A white mage can purify and buff them. The buffs are quite important outside of facing the black mage because they will no longer be fighting opponents weakened by the black mage. In order to keep progressing smoothly and not realize that their party actually became weaker from the black mage leaving they need someone to buff them enough to achieve similar results as when they were facing weakened opponents. In fact, since Remmé had a tendency to hide his power and only use his black magic when it was actually necessary and in a very subtle manner (like apparently helping the hero one shot the wolf boss), if a white mage gives party wide buffs they may very well perform better as a party.

And certainly, the warrior was being rude but honestly, you can't really blame him for looking down on Remmé. The generalized black mage stigma is bad enough, but all Remmé appears to be is the childhood friend of the hero who needs to be protected in battle and doesn't appear to do much of anything. Even when he asked Remmé to let him experience what he could do and prove his worth, Remmé refused. The reality is that if Remmé was always going to hold back and not show his full power then he was in fact impeding on their party's progress. Considering how highly he is evaluated by the ruler of all demons, I expect the hero party would have progressed much farther if he was actually doing more than the bare minimum in battle. It was always the rational decision to kick the black mage out and the warrior was the only one willing to push for it. There's no good way of kicking someone out of a party when the reason is that they don't seem to be pulling their weight in battle. Honestly, unless I see him acting like a dick in general, looking down on people, I'm going to assume that he's just very competitive and wants to achieve greater glory and riches. Well, the author will probably make sure he keeps a poor personality, but honestly his rudeness to Remmé can easily be explained by the resentment: he earned a spot in the hero party through hard work, while Remmé got in because he was a childhood friend of the hero and Remmé doesn't appear to do much in battle and instead requires to be protected. It's natural to be pissed off about that because it really seems like he's just putting in work for a leech.

Users who are viewing this thread