What constitutes "updated"? When looking for manga and I sort by last updated stuff that hasn't been updated in months shows up on page 1.

Fed-Kun's army
So I have no idea how the "sort by: last updated" function works (or if it even does). Searching for "romance" and "comedy" on just the front page I'll get stuff that was updated hours ago along with stuff that hasn't seen a new upload for 2 months. Progressing through the pages isn't much better. Stuff a few days old will be mixed in with stuff that hasn't seen new chapters for months. The function generally works. The stuff on later pages generally tends to have been updated a longer time ago than the stuff on earlier pages, but it is incredibly inconsistent.

Does Mangadex just use a different definition of "updated" than I do? I would assume the last chapter upload would constitute the time of the last update, but is there a chance they're using something else, like changing the cover or something, that is causing stuff that hasn't had any new uploads recently to be mixed in with stuff that has? If that is the case, the sort function is pretty useless. I don't give a shit if the description or cover was updated recently if there aren't any new chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
So, I was wondering what your issue was, since I never really experienced it.

After a bit of testing, I think I figured it out. The "last updated" function when sorting in genres includes any update for another language on the manga. So you may have filtered the language out and thus cannot see the "updated" chapter because it's in another language that you filtered out.

I might be wrong if you don't have any language filters on though.

Double-page supporter
Yes, it's languages that were filtered out. And it's indeed very annoying "bug".

Custom title
Staff
Developer
This has been brought up several times: latest update gets updated for any language due to the way it's implemented. Changing the behaviour is on the to-do list.

Users who are viewing this thread