What Is Your Favorite Supernatural Creature?

Dex-chan lover
To clarify a bit more, I mean ones that exist in say mythology, urban legends, and folklore; and not something from a novel like Frankenstein's monster. So, an example being that a vampire is fine, but not Dracula.

Some other good examples:

Banshee

Siren

Griffon

Leviathan

My personal favorite being the Jackalope.

Fed-Kun's army
Vampire
DvBdBx5UcAIB8pf.jpg

Rainbow serpent (Australia) probably. When I was little there was that book of mythological creatures, and I loved hearing the take of the rainbow serpent, so much I knew it by heart.

Dex-chan lover
@zdarkbrz_816 I assume you just mean something benign, that looks or can look exactly like you, which is fine. But, the actual myth depicts doppelgängers as a bad omen. Apparently, if you see yours, it means something bad (likely your death) is coming soon.

Fed-Kun's army
not at all, I meant the doppelgänger myths... these are the ones that made shivers run down my spine ^^

Siren
Siren.jpg
This picture can be found on google images just search "Siren Greek mythology"
In Greek mythology they said "Sirens were dangerous creatures, who lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and singing voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island"

PS: I pick Siren over mermaids because everybody already knows about mermaids.

Fed-Kun's army
that's a mermaid though? isn't siren a half-bird and half-woman?

I'd put a image if I knew how :v

Fenrir, the monstrously sized wolf, son of Loki, killer of Odin when Ragnarok occurs, to be killed by Vidar, a God said to survive Ragnarok, alongside a few others.

@zdarkbrz_816 they're sometimes depicted as half-fish too. here's what i found in wikipedia of Siren:

"In the folklore of some modern cultures, the concept of the siren has been assimilated to that of the mermaid. For example, the French word for mermaid is sirène, and similarly in certain other European languages. "

Most of Siren's paintings are half-bird, but in that same wikipedia article, there's at least one picture depicting Siren as half-fish.

as for my favorite, it's hard for me to single out a supernatural creature. for now, I'll say I've always been fascinated with the concept of Tsukumo-gami. it's where an object that someone cared for a long time becomes a minor god of some sort.

Dex-chan lover
@Alraisen That image seems really familiar but I haven't watched Haibane Renmei at all. Did I dream about angels doing slice of life things or have I seen something similar?

Dex-chan lover
Introducing the nightmare devouring "Baku" that can eliminate any bad dreams you may have; but wait there's more!

If you call out to it enough it may even take away your ambitions and desires too so you too can fully embrace your emo self. Call yours now!!! (Side effects may include waking up to a elephant-faced monstrosity at your bedside increasing risk of heart attacks, wetting the sheets and general embarrassments)

Users who are viewing this thread