What Kind of Empress Is This? - Ch. 26

Kie

Contributor
Gah, this was a beautiful chapter. I don't have the words to say anything else other than that, but this chapter will stick with me for a very long time.

Fed-Kun's army
Be warned. Work too long in a call center, and the damage will be permanent, both physically, and psychologically. It's like acid, and it eats you from the inside out.

Does this confirm that she can stay? Like she's just shown that there is literally nothing back home for her to want to go back to...
Would it really be so bad to stay in this world where you can be the person you want to be?

@MisterXiado I used to work in a call center ( 4 years) and it's true that some clients were rude but most of the time they are really nice or they just hang up when they get annoyed.

I hope this helps them bond because he's definitely gonna fall for her after this. He already likes her, but this is will have his heart all the way open. So I hope this opens her heart a bit. Like, please... dang!

Fed-Kun's army
@Roxymissy
It's not the people calling in, directly, it's the company threatening you with termination for your handle time being too long (because callers have a litany of issues for you to correct, or won't stop rambling because you'll be written up for even politely interrupting), or piling more and more duties onto you without an increase in pay, or cutting your pay despite making record profits, or erasing your accrued paid time off without compensation, or arbitrarily suspending breaks and lunches three hours in, or sticking mandatory overtime hours onto your shift without notice, or a whole host of other things that wouldn't fly at a good job. Look up any call center company on places like GlassDoor (block their cookies with an extension if you don't want to be booted out constantly) and sort by most recent. Many of the bad employee reviews will have the same complaints, even from vastly different locations. The companies don't give a damn about their employees, because there will always be people being ghosted by every other place in the area, who are desperate for a paycheck to keep from losing their house/car/kids. They'll be used up and spit out by the dozen.

@MisterXiado Yes you're right. I guess it depends on companies and countries too ( I'm from Switzerland). I took that job while studying, and not as a career plan so I didn't have this kind of experience.

Fed-Kun's army
@Roxymissy
Best of luck to you. Had I known that my electronic engineering degree would be completely useless in the United States, outside of modding old game consoles, I'd have tried to pay for training as an electrician, instead, and picked up EE through Youtube videos and PDFs of textbooks.

Aggregator gang
Holy cow... 10 handwritten letters and a picture of begging on her knees? Wtf is wrong with her company and the messed up customers that expect that kind of thing??

Beautiful and sad , and the saddest part is that her life is a reality for many employees 😔

Users who are viewing this thread