What Kind of Empress Is This? - Ch. 42 - End of season 1

snakes!! all of them!! I hate that villain but it's good that i hate him because he serves his purpose, BUT THE OTHER CHARACTERS are aggravating my nerves! really a terrible mistake to let that jin guy into the palace, an even more idiotic take to let that guy roaming alone without guards or any kind of supervisor, what kind of ruler who let a suspicious stranger running around like that?? I get that they're trying to trust people but there's a fine line between trusting and dumb! All i see in this series are lovedrunkeness and poor choices.

Han Jin Gun is my goals when I manipulate people, but then again I remember its easy to manipulate people in their world cause pretty much almost nobody lies lmaooo

Thank you for the chapter!

I think I'm one of the few that doesn't actually mind the FL, I understood why she wanted to go home and was happy that she has begun to realize that she can stay and that she can trust the emperor. However, not just telling the emperor to kick out and/or execute Han Jin Gun is inexcusable and clearly just a ploy for the author to drag out the story. The plot also makes no sense in general considering how Jin Gun could easily be dealt with and they're all just choosing to ignore him. His plans are also all super dumb and I don't understand the goals of any of them. And all of the characters except for the mains are incredibly annoying.

Also, the ending of this chapter didn't make sense to me? "I like you" and "are you alright" aren't similar at all. Are they similar sentences in Korean? Because otherwise I just really don't get it. I love the emperor so I will continue reading, but I hope the break can allow the author to think of a better story.

Sis why are you hiding things Jesus I hate when this kind of situations happen. He trusts you so much and you can't even put a little bit of trust that he'll value your words/suspicions ?? Nah

I was thought she was gonna be smarter than that but mehh might just drop this. Can't stand stupid FLs

that Han Jin guy is such a snake i hope they'll catch him in time...the FL still gets on my nerves

Ah...is she friggin dumb...? 🤦‍♀️ And the fact that she keeps ‘doubting’ him and is on the verge of thinking ‘he’s up to something’ yeah no shit smarty pants!?!

Fed-Kun's army
What the hell? The FL is so stupid. Until now I could still understand the reason behind some stupid things she already did but why is she not telling everything about the shady guy to the emperor? I don't see a single good reason. She even saw him stabbing the girl who was banished but she still wonder how she should act about him? Just because she thinks that he may be from the same place as she when there hasn't been any evidence about that ever since thefirst time they met?

These past few chapters ruined all the previous one for me and who the hell end a season on that kind of chapter? I hope the author don't go in hiatus between the seasons because if a chapter don't come relatively soon to make things right I will just drop the whole thing personally.

Also what the fuck is going on with the white haired emperor? I personally still don't get why he hate the emperor. He didn't let him fight because he wasn't in a good state to do so. So what? He should have let him fight and die if all he does anyway is follow the first guy who tell him all he does is following the emperor to hurt his pride.

Edit: So there is a hiatus apparently. I will just drop this and maybe in a few years I will find it back smh and I find that the rest of the story don't let such a bad taste in my mouth? Who knows? We can always dream I guess.

Let's be honest, the ONLY likable character is the emperor. I can't wait for the romance to take off because i think they're really cute together but wtf is up with the FL? I like her, except she can be sooooo dumb. Like?? Girl, tell the emperor that something's up. Also, those other two are pure snakes and I'm ready for Han Jin-Gun to die.

@Nekolyn right???? that's my issue also

the world building is so weird and basically impossible. Clearly there are still some people that are able to lie, with the evidence being Han Jin Gun. Therefore somewhere in history they must've ran into someone that lied, right? The whole 'world that is unable to lie' thing just seems like plot convenience to make it easy for our FL and Han Jin Gun

ahsjkfkdjs the emperor makes me so soft but what is even going on anymore ._. thank you for the chapters!!

goodness.... I think I'm gonna drop this. it's hurting my brain the plot is just not making sense anymore at first I liked the empress but now she's getting on my nerves. the ONLY likable character is the emperor and the rest are aggravating, good god!

Why the FUCK are they listening to that snake??? Really???? REALLY?
He's not even that good at manipulation, they're all just so simple and/or STUPID. And I feel like thats the BIGGEST EXCUSE for how much the story is lacking.... It's basically covering the authors ass cuz "they are simple ppl who can not lie", so a MEDIOCRE snake bastard, WHO THEY KNOW IS A SNAKE, is able to turn everything upside down?? Like bitch, you knew! You been knew. I have no sympathy. I'm dropping this because EVERYTHING after the confrontation when Yerom slapped him could be avoided, cuz he was caught red-handed and they should've just banned him from the palace then and there.

Yerom already knows he's a snake bastard, what is there to think about?? KICK HIM OUT. You can't trust him but you let him stay....and not only that, but you let him free roam??? I'm not even going to stick around to see if Ryu Ban is just pretending to be swayed or not.
DONE.

wow. I just saw season ended so I took a peek at the last chapter and looks like it was the right choice to drop it earlier (dropped it around ch 20~)

maybe i’m wrong but she’s clearly dumb. if she knows the dude is a snake then she shouldn’t just take a vacation like wtf. let somebody know?

no nevermind. everybody is a freaking idiot in this story. bruh that purple eyed snake isn’t even that good at manipulating people. but everyone gets played by him anyways. fucking stupid

honestly let them, those bastard han emperor and bitch maid, take the cho empire since nobody there has brains anyways. while they’re enjoying their lovely vacation, without even trying to investigate what really happened (thanks to the empress) i will seriously laugh if their empire gets taken from them.

i can't fucking believe the people in this story, the author's writing was absolute shit since the beginning and only worsened with time, the empress is and absolute idiot and a half that absolutely and miserably failed at adapting and taking advantage of her situation. i really only stayed for the blushy emperor at this point. it's like the author tried to create drama to make the story interesting and the only way they could think of needed everyone to be immensely stupid for it to work. i'm disappointed. the good historical manhuas/manhwas have spoiled me, really.

Dex-chan lover
Did people miss the point that the people of this world are pretty “simple” ? Lol. So much hate. I do think the story has flaws, but it is alright. Sure likes to do the pronoun game kinda thing instead of explaining things better. Oh well.

FL is starting to act like a dumbass. Ga-ya is also getting annoying. And it’s a shame that Ryu-ban suddenly got influenced by Jin-gun. Wtf.

WTH I didn't know so much people hated this...I didn't bother reading the comments since I was too busy enjoying the manga lol

@teruhashiclone I totally agree with you. I have nothing against the empress, in fact I really like her! Just not the part where she still doesn't get rid of that manipulative snake after she realized that he's CLEARLY a threat after using that maid to damage her reputation as empress. Like, seriously? Now he's still gonna hang around and f*ck things up some more. I also didn't understand that last part either (phew, glad I wasn't the only one). And you're absolutely right about the part where the author just keeps him sticking around to add more drama, etc. Thanks for sharing that^^

Users who are viewing this thread