What Kind of Empress Is This? - Ch. 42 - End of season 1

Group Leader
I just finished the first season and I noticed how very little has happened? I remember following Villainess Hourglass and Beware the Villainess at the same time and seeing how much had happened in each story when they reached their own chapter 40. Small but important arcs and a big climax of the season.

Are the chapters in this series shorter? There has been barely any development with the leads and the side characters. Ga-ya still dislikes the fl, Ryuu-Ban and fl also don’t interact much. The lessons thing could’ve improved their relationship but they were never shown and we don’t even know what and how fl taught whatever she taught. The villain isn’t very interesting either and we only needed one chapter for the villain to infodump his whole backstory pretty much killing the suspense. Around one chapter was also only needed to explain the past relationship of all the characters in the story.

The climax of this story was the impersonating maid but it was still kinda boring. You’d expect fl to try solve it with her words (that was her whole gimmick) but it ends up being the fact that some people remembered how she looked like. In the end she wasn’t able to do much and didn’t even personally confront the maid. She was gonna follow them but ended up not doing that either.

Hmm I hope I’m proven wrong next season cause the concept behind fls personality was pretty interesting.

I don't get Jingun. So you lost your wife in a war (her own fault BTW) so you want to start another one? Would this bring her back to life you POS.

In the midst of everything, I still don't understand how on earth modern technology made its way to this Joseon-ish era. Like how is it possible? Does it have something to do with the way FL was transmigrated or something? I hope this gets explained in the 2nd season.

Someone send someone to fix the plotholes. And slap the empress to action, surely since she realized the people there were brutally honest that it would be extremely harmful to have that smooth talking bastard around?! Especially when she’s empress!!!

I like the romance in progress but my eyes are telling me to kill that snake. Ig the second season will be a war just because of this 'snake' smooth manipulating yet not because he's not good at hiding sins lmfao.

I really need the self-development of every character for the next season. If not, good job on making the readers lose their sanity :))

Dex-chan lover
Without that snake guy this manhwa gonna be 10/10 but nooo the author gonna make a dumb plot where the snake guy manipulate everyone, i really wanna stay for the emperor and empress but i really wanna drop it just because dumb plot of the snake guy

Double-page supporter
I wonder when this is manhwa coming back? Is it still on hiatus or is it canceled or it is back but not being translated?

Users who are viewing this thread