What’s a manga that was so bad/you couldn’t stand that you had to rate it a 1-3?

Fed-Kun's army
Personally I only give out fair ratings and my limit is usually a 5/10 but Kanojo Okarashimasu was the only time I rated a manga 1/10 and literally nothing else (i only read it for the comments at this point).

I’m interested to see what people here rated X manga as Y, it can be manhwa/manhua etc.

Dex-chan lover
Nah I just drop. No reason to stick with something I don't like. Else a lot of isekai would go into this bin.

That said, there are certain manga that try to pull a quick one on you and do a shit throw right at the ending so you can't avoid it. But a 1/10 on my scale means full shit without any redeemable quality and those are rare. Even kanokari, your example, has very decent art and that alone pushes it to a minimum 3/10 for me, despite how much I hate everything else the series has to offer.

Dex-chan lover
there are very few I just outright dropped and consider a 1/10
former strongest swordsman isekai is a manga that falls into that, starts fairly mediocre then halfway through it just keeps on getting worse with timeskips, the objective of the mc being ignored, side characters just standing there doing nothing because mc is made too op whenever the plot needs it and shit pacing with barely anything being explained (at one point there is a 1 year time skip in one of the main characters gets a double personality or two people inside her head or something which is just not explained, also one character of the previous ark is just gone)
most of the fight scenes are also incredibly scuffed, not really anything pleasant to look at and the backgrounds are 90% nonexistant with white space taking its place

read and dropped it recently so only one I remember the name of, its a shame that there are shitmangas out there like that one somehow not getting axed while other pretty good stories get it instead

Dex-chan lover
I gave 'Eros in the Stoic' a 2 because it was literally only two pages and failed to entertain me as a boys' love/yaoi erotic oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Nah I just drop. No reason to stick with something I don't like. Else a lot of isekai would go into this bin.

That said, there are certain manga that try to pull a quick one on you and do a shit throw right at the ending so you can't avoid it. But a 1/10 on my scale means full shit without any redeemable quality and those are rare. Even kanokari, your example, has very decent art and that alone pushes it to a minimum 3/10 for me, despite how much I hate everything else the series has to offer.
This. But I am guilty of rating one manga 3 just because it hurt, but the art was so good. Chii Chan's development diary.

like ieatass69 post, if i see a manga and after i read 10 chapter and see nothing interesting/irredemable i just drop it and forgot about it entirely

but this post kinda remind me about a certain isekai that i outright loath with passion, Gun-Ota, it's probably the only isekai that i've outright loathe, i've dropped the novel early on since
i hate it's early slavery plot where mc suddenly getting robbed of everything and sold to slavery and FORCED to be a trap, just fucking horrible
Thought the manga will be better since it's a story medium with an art but no, it's one of the most ugliest art i've ever seen ever, it truly deserve 1 in my opinion

Dex-chan lover
Sousou no Frieren because it's mid. But like aggravatingly mid to the point I kept reading until chapter 30 to see why this was one of this website's highest rated manga. But no I never found it, dropped it and gave it a 3.

Dex-chan lover
Sousou no Frieren because it's mid. But like aggravatingly mid to the point I kept reading until chapter 30 to see why this was one of this website's highest rated manga. But no I never found it, dropped it and gave it a 3.
Me too, got really boring .. ........ .... snore ....

And it was made into an anime, coming next season. So when I just can't get to sleep, I will get the computer out and stream an episode.

Dex-chan lover
R402
What started off OK to good.
Then became really bad because an Australian flaunting an Cockney accent in translation killed it. Made no sense, he just went off on some translation tirade.

Dex-chan lover
Um, very controversial, and youd prolly recognize it by the way I explain it. So isekai but somehow we can just justify a grown man doing some heinous shit cause he has kid brain. Im open to replies but dont bother changing my mind.

Dex-chan lover
there are very few I just outright dropped and consider a 1/10
former strongest swordsman isekai is a manga that falls into that, starts fairly mediocre then halfway through it just keeps on getting worse with timeskips, the objective of the mc being ignored, side characters just standing there doing nothing because mc is made too op whenever the plot needs it and shit pacing with barely anything being explained (at one point there is a 1 year time skip in one of the main characters gets a double personality or two people inside her head or something which is just not explained, also one character of the previous ark is just gone)
most of the fight scenes are also incredibly scuffed, not really anything pleasant to look at and the backgrounds are 90% nonexistant with white space taking its place

read and dropped it recently so only one I remember the name of, its a shame that there are shitmangas out there like that one somehow not getting axed while other pretty good stories get it instead
My Isekai Life follows that flashback right smack in the middle.

Dex-chan lover
Um, very controversial, and youd prolly recognize it by the way I explain it. So isekai but somehow we can just justify a grown man doing some heinous shit cause he has kid brain. Im open to replies but dont bother changing my mind.
isekai is meant for those overworked black company workers who wanted to be hit by a truck.

It is just a matter of flavor: do they want a vending machine, a young loli, or right back to being a baby sucking mom's big tits.

Dex-chan lover
Me too, got really boring .. ........ .... snore ....

And it was made into an anime, coming next season. So when I just can't get to sleep, I will get the computer out and stream an episode.
Did this with Aria, and I think Freiren will be a good substitute. 3 years of good sleep thanks to Aria and the fat cat.

Dex-chan lover
Did this with Aria, and I think Freiren will be a good substitute. 3 years of good sleep thanks to Aria and the fat cat.
Remember the rule. Using in moderation less you become dependent to sleep on it. Or worst fall into a comma one night.

I don't know if this counts also because it's a manhwa (a Korean webtoon more specifically), but it's A Butterfly Metamorphoses Three Times". The plot is somewhat wattpad written; the art style itself is a very classic romance manhwa, but the story gets dumber and dumber along the 45 chapters. Think like a 30-year-old woman who, for no reason, keeps being a doormat for her own mother and everyone around her, decides to change temporally to be "heartless" for finally returning to being a little bit less of a doormat to everyone.

Dex-chan lover
I'm still reading it, but I've long forgotten about why I chose it.

Usually, when it's elves, it's all about that elf seggs, but this one's a journey centered around the bizarre experience of outliving anything and everything while learning to connect with others and cope with the inevitable loss. The whole thing moves at a glacial pace, just like Frieren's sense of time, compared to a human's.

There's a high elf blacksmith manga where the same problem is hashed out, but in a much more entertaining manner. But that has a handicap of MC being reborn out of Japan, not starting as a tree-dwelling humanoid sloth who sees the whole human relationships thing as completely alien to them.

Users who are viewing this thread