What's Wrong With You, Duke? - Ch. 24

@Chamonka uh... I'm confused. Where we reading the same manwha? All this time, she was researching to stop the "curse" (or magic) from being broken. She wanted the magic to keep going, because if it ever disappeared, she knew the real Lex would come out and he would kill her (which was his original intention in chapter 1). So with magic, she would be safe (and alive). She was also buying silk and then selling it (and books, it seems) to earn money to save it for when (or if) the magic broke, then she would run away with that money. Also, like others said, she knows how to clean stuff so she'd easily find a job as a maid.

But now that there doesn't seem to be any more danger (of dying), then she doesn't want to run away anymore, it seems?

Someone said in the comments a few chapters ago, "I'm just starting to like ML..." and so much same! I used to like Lex/doting Lex but not "Lord"/real Lex. But now, he doesn't seem to be all that bad... I still have my reservations around him but he's starting to grow on me.

But even so... @Confused yup, never forget. Sadly, I will always remember he killed off those innocent people like that.

Dex-chan lover
He's definitely actually falling for her.

Once again, Erin is cute, even if the thing she's trying to do is...morally ambiguous. She just wants to see Lex at this point, doesn't she? Here's hoping he'll tell her she used the spell again.

Will there be a character development for her? I hate it when she easily gets teary eye and she's so immature.

Guuuuurrrlll, I thought you were saving money and knowledge to go to the Witch's forest and escape??

omg I just realised now why I couldn't find Erin endearing 🙁 Her life is in danger so I get that she needs "Lex" to survive, but when it was pointed out to her that she was not befitting of her position, instead of improving and working on herself, she is instead trying to change the other person to the version that she can rely on, or rather the version that spoils her too much that she doesn't get to challenge herself and get out of her bubble. It must be hard for her to deal with the switches, but has she actually considered the struggles of the person himself? and I know "Rowan" is no saint but it must suck for him to face Erin's constant disappointment when he is his true self (i.e. not Lex), while Erin insists (thru her actions, i.e. being frugal, not bothering with nobility) to remain true to herself.

tl;dr I hope Erin undergoes character development cuz rn she seems kinda selfish :(

@terrysen13
omg I didn't expect someone else to also be reading this currently! all the other comments are from months ago lol

I agree with you 100%! I just can't bring myself to love Erin. she's cute and all, but she seems so selfish to me. like she's trying to the duke back under the love spell AGAINST HIS WILL, just so she'll be safe.

not trying to defend Rowan since hes literally a murderer, but in the context of their relationship, he's the victim. hes the one that forcibly has to take on a different persona and do things without his own consent. I get that Erin wants to live but she's selfish for only wanting Lex (even though she wanted to escape? hello?). also how did homegirl even fall in love with him lmao

@dani1234 omg thank you, glad to find someone who feels the same way haha!
I'm at the 40+ chapters now; I binged read to see her character development and, spoiler alert(?),
I still kinda struggle to like Erin. If anything, I sometimes feel bad for Lady Palladine even if she gets on my nerves. They do explain a bit why Erin is selfish like that, and how she's so starved for love she practically clings on this fake-and-brought-by-morally-ambiguous-magic love. But at this point, I'm just reading it for Rowan's character development haha.

@terrysen13 hahaa I stopped at like chap 25 but I might pick it back up in a couple of days

dangggg ok, I'm glad at least Rowan gets some character development 😅 from where I am so far, lady palladine definitely has the 'villainess vibes' since she's not exactly a good person, but in the end she also just wanted the duke to love her. I can get why Erin is like that from your explanation but it still kind of bothers me ooppp

Aggregator gang
It's weird how she consider Lex to be a completely different person that hides(?) inside Duke's body.

I'm liking Duke more than Erin currently... Dude was dragged into this since the beginning, have a wife, physical relationship,... and now when he started falling for his wife, the person she looked toward is also not him.

I'm interested in continuing to read this because there are 90-something chapters up at the time of me writing this, which to me indicates that it's popular enough to get an adaptation ongoing for that long. BUT. Why is Erin so dumb? lol I don't like calling people dumb but she misses the Lex personality and tries to "do" something about it rather than trying to adapt to the situation that is currently going on. Lex hasn't shown up in a while, too, so the magic is definitely weakening. What is she trying to do, preserve it? From what random knowledge she gains, untrained as she is? This decision-making skill she's (not) demonstrating is frustrating.

I have like reread this manhwa for like 3 times (not the type of reread that I've reached the latest but really just until this chapter xD) and I always stop at this chapter cause im trying hard to like the mc and her decisions (not always cause I kinda understand her why she does some of the things she does and maybe her blunders are also unique in her own way) I really just want to see her try to adapt with the-without-the-effect-of-magic Lex and stop looking for the the other side of Lex TT_TT I know she only do that because she thinks the duke will kill her but it can be seen how he no longer thinks of doing that for this past chapters that the cringey Lex did not appear.. This time I'll proceed to the next chapter though and just steel my mind that she will get better cause it has a lot of chapters and the art is good (and Im seeing positive comments about the latest chapters)

Users who are viewing this thread