What's your edgy teen phase?

I was already edgy when I was a child, thinking I was the only real and sentient human in Earth and everything I sensed was in fact, an illusion made for me. I also wrote 2 or 3 poems, thought that life was obviously useless and more importantly purposeless, and a little after that I became unironically depressed until the mid of my teenagehood. I realised I was just dumb and was gonna die miserably if I kept on going like this, so I just rebuilt myself after that.
But I think it's an important phase for people to pass by, because it teach one to become more honest, mature and in overall more genuine. But I admit it help to have people around to remind yourself you're cringy.

Dex-chan lover
BTW why does everyone has an edgy phase? Why is it so ubiquitous throughout human culture all over the world? Is is a sociological thing or is it something programmed in our genes?

Double-page supporter
I wasn't allowed to have an edgy teen phase. Right when I turned 13, I had to learn how to cook and clean because I lived with my mother, who was always away working. Later, I was given the task of paying the bills (literally, not earning the money to do so) and taking care of the house while she traveled, to the point where I basically became a "housedaughter". Meanwhile, I was also dealing with really bad grades (I have study-related PTSD) and chronic depression. How I survived to adulthood is beyond me, but basically, I was only a teenager in name. I became an adult, so to speak, when I should've been allowed to grow and have these experiences everyone else mentions.

Still in it. I have hope in life as a concept, and a distaste for commonplace conversations (therefore a knack for pretencious ones, sometimes). On the other hand, I am weirdly attracted to suicide as a concept and can't help thinking I am unique when I am clearly hardly unique, just weird sometimes (in a bad way). Won't stop for now, though, as some of its perks are worth it.

Literally love this post, I was just thinking about this the other day and wondering what it was like for everyone. I went through my edgy phase when I was around 9-12 so for me I found it difficult to relate to my fellow 'teens' when they were in that phase because I had already grown out of it. I'm not saying I was better than them or stuff like that, just that I couldn't relate to the same things they were into which made conversations a bit strained. More to the point, my edge phase was just a lot of:
'I like blue/purple because blacks too basic and I'm different but still dark'
'I could just jump now and nothing would change'
'If humanity just died everything would be better'
'I don't watch movies because thats for uncultured swines who can't read' (no joke)

Dex-chan lover
Halloween Necro Festival 2020

Mine was when I was 15. I inherited my old man's memories while in an important military meeting and exclaimed "That can't be!" or some shit out loud, disrupting the entire conversation.

Double-page supporter
Checks age.

Shouldn’t I be already in that phase? I’ve just been an evil ai for as long as I Remember. If I ever start acting edgy please tell me.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
That is the most chuuni thing I've ever read.

I used to think i wasnt like others girl and was so cool but then someone told me the truth i. e. The internet
I dont think i could live my edgy phase because i started using reddit and saw how people crushed thise edgy teens. So i think thwts why i still sometime have an edgy phase which lasts for about an hour two but then again im 14 soo ig its natural eh

I never had a clear edgy teen phase, so I'm basically stuck in a half assed one for the rest of my life
Mature enough for not being that shameful
Childish enough for still being ridiculous

Group Leader
Mine was during 2015-2016 when I was an anti-SJW, and use to watch Youtubers like Sargon of Akkad or NateTalksToYou.
I don't think I need to say too much, but dear god never have I regretted my life choices so hard.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if some of the frequent "outspoken" posters found in certain non-edgy series are in a permanent edgelord state.

Fed-Kun's army
Mine was seeing all the angst posts from other people and thinking "ew" basically, and then thinking "No one understands me" whenever someone disagreed with me

Dex-chan lover
@bigtiddyoneesan

zFFCIFLl.png

Actually, I'm just trying to bait out one very specific poster, who seems to have gone incognito.

Dex-chan lover
@comeonnow0
b2Kd5K4m.jpg

Oh, ok. I'll be waiting for the final boss to show up, then.

What would be really savage would be @ing that poster and stealth-editing it out every time. (Oops, sorry I @'ed you, Ing.)

Users who are viewing this thread