When I Returned to My Hometown, My Childhood Friend was Broken - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
sad-troll-face-sad.gif
Oh no... next few chapters gonna be a bit dark I guess.

we are about to see some really dark shit that doesn't need to be there. Why is it always sexual assault? People can be broken for reasons that are complicated, it doesn't always always always have to be r*pe.
Yea don't get why Japanese people need to include r*pe and sexual harassment bullcrap when you could just write a normal wholesome story. From what I think, it's probably a trope that the authors use to gain popularity and increase readership. When your story isn't going anywhere and it's getting quite generic, what do you do? You add some sexual trauma backstory with legit no reason to. I was on some copium when I was hoping for her to just be a gyaru who was bullied by her friends or something on those lines. It was quite obvious from the get go that the author's gonna write something like this but oh well, let's hope for the best.

Dex-chan lover
I've read "A Divorced Crybaby Has Moved in Next Door", "Heal & Squeeze", and "Please Give Me Your Blood, I Will Serve You in Gratitude" and none of them had anything even remotely dark as getting drugged and raped. I only read the first 30 issues of Musuko, but I don't think it ever goes to this level? There is sad and there is "horrific" this defines the series after this point, it becomes a story of a rape victim, which is fine but fucking heavy. On top of this immediately get the Sexual Violence tag, it's a big turn off if it goes that way.
musuko spoiler: at some point the series kills off a 12 year old character, on camera.

Dex-chan lover
That was just lemon tea right?!?!!!?! Right???? PLEASE I BEG YOU, PLEASE BE LEMON JUICE

Dex-chan lover
Someone please tell me if there will be rape, I can't handle that
They don't just rape her, they make a 4 DVD box set of not just gang raping her, but SUPER gang raping her, with the help of not just german shepherds, but german shepherds AND donkeys. It's not just horrible, it's SUPER horrible.

Dex-chan lover
Oh god.... here we go.... lets see what happened to make her smile go away... i dont know if im ready...

Dex-chan lover
wait a god damm minute... isnt this like... a tiny bit like... i dont want to say this but, Metamorphosis?
Girl out of School (here she was broken by MC leaving town) and turned into a very dark path... Please let me be wrong on this one God, i beg

Everyone had a pretty good idea of what "broke" her when the story first started, and now it's slowly being trickled into the story while she's trying her best to move past it and enjoy life with her childhood friend. I think he will comfort her and be the rock she needs so she has some support. 🤞🤞

Fed-Kun's army
I had a girlfriend back in high school who made a lot of bad decisions when she went away to college. I mean, really bad. Mostly due to a combination of drinking and going along with anyone who would say nice things to her. It was a mess when she came back.

Watch out for each other, kids.

Last edited:
Uuugh for fucks sake, I really don't want this to go that route

Double-page supporter
Yea don't get why Japanese people need to include r*pe and sexual harassment bullcrap when you could just write a normal wholesome story. From what I think, it's probably a trope that the authors use to gain popularity and increase readership. When your story isn't going anywhere and it's getting quite generic, what do you do? You add some sexual trauma backstory with legit no reason to. I was on some copium when I was hoping for her to just be a gyaru who was bullied by her friends or something on those lines. It was quite obvious from the get go that the author's gonna write something like this but oh well, let's hope for the best.
Because it's a common thing that's happening in there and it's somewhat being ignored due to it tarnishing their "clean" and "pure" image.

And it's not some isolated case. The drinking culture down in Japan is rampant; there's even videos in Youtube of an IRL streamer that caught a group of guys carrying a passed out girl and rushing things, as if they were in a hurry. Everyone who saw that video knew where things were going, and the IRL streamer even reported it, but from what I remember he felt he was being brushed off as if it was something common.

If the author goes for that route, let him. He's expressing something we might not see often, but they do.

EDIT: I still don't want to see this manga take the SA path, but it would make sense if it did, i guess.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
sometimes it feels like their relationship is all about sex, about using each other for their own selfish purposes.
That's the point I think. Right now they're basically fuckbuddies trying to evolve into an actual relationship and being awkward at it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad we're finally tackling this. MC-kun is a good dude for accepting her as she is but with the way their relationship is something was bound to shake their foundations sooner or later.

It's an unfortunately common story. An inexperienced tomboy, especially if they're hot as hell, thrown into the lion's den and she suddenly finds herself in a place she didn't want to be in with somebody she didn't want to be with. I'm just assuming but it seemed like she didn't want her first time to mean nothing so she probably tried to put up with this guy even if she doesn't like him. That would explain her radical new look. In the end I think either he left her for some stupid reason or the other or she couldn't take it anymore and came back home. Her saying "please don't hate me" out of no where leads me to think either this experience left her horrible self esteem issues and/or she had a thing for MC-kun and that nightmare reminded her of the hopelessness she probably felt after.

Some pretty heavy stuff incoming I'd say.
I think she did blush in the scene, probably because she does like the other person, kind of like she would do stuffs for them because she actually is head over heels for them. But to them, she is just a play thing. Shit's so dark man....

Dex-chan lover
I've read "A Divorced Crybaby Has Moved in Next Door", "Heal & Squeeze", and "Please Give Me Your Blood, I Will Serve You in Gratitude" and none of them had anything even remotely dark as getting drugged and raped. I only read the first 30 issues of Musuko, but I don't think it ever goes to this level? There is sad and there is "horrific" this defines the series after this point, it becomes a story of a rape victim, which is fine but fucking heavy. On top of this immediately get the Sexual Violence tag, it's a big turn off if it goes that way.
Really should read further than 30 chapters into musuko then. Shit gets dark there real fast and real often. Looks to be a happy ending wind up now though.

Dex-chan lover
if the case I hope that it's only an attempted case, she wake up in time and run. After she became afraid of the worls and close in her house

Users who are viewing this thread