When I Returned to My Hometown, My Childhood Friend was Broken - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
I totally believed you! This author is well known for their sad middles in their stories!
I've read "A Divorced Crybaby Has Moved in Next Door", "Heal & Squeeze", and "Please Give Me Your Blood, I Will Serve You in Gratitude" and none of them had anything even remotely dark as getting drugged and raped. I only read the first 30 issues of Musuko, but I don't think it ever goes to this level? There is sad and there is "horrific" this defines the series after this point, it becomes a story of a rape victim, which is fine but fucking heavy. On top of this immediately get the Sexual Violence tag, it's a big turn off if it goes that way.

Contributor
As if people haven't read manga about people who completely fail their debut in college. But you don't loose your pupils unless something bad really happens.

Dex-chan lover
Look like hazing to me.
Big glass with mix of hard liquors.
She doesn't want to leave behind, so she drinks it.
Only to crash her.
:worry:

Dex-chan lover
The author decided to "touch" the elephant in the room.
The "beast" being what is that broke her.
I've seen too many stories that started like that so I can roughly guess what happened.
Her "loud" fashion style could be to not look like a average girl easy to attack or to make bastards away, or even to isolate herself as she would look like strange, even more in Japan.
I wanted to know what happened, knowing perfectly well I would have regretted it.
Was hoping that she "just" suffered from being isolated or molested and her new lifestyle was for that, sadly it was the worse path.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't it just a drinking problem. You guys have rape living rent free in your heads.

Dex-chan lover
Her trauma is coming, i can guess she got black mailed after getting drug by scum

MD@Home
Uh-oh, first thing that came to mind was that someone drugged her drink? Lets hope im totally off the mark tho.
It was established back in their first date (chapter 12, specifically) that she's a huge lightweight when it comes to booze so I would guess it wasn't drugged, it's just that it didn't take much booze for her to get drunk enough to make decisions she regretted that may have started/taken her on the path to where she was in chapter 1 in the first place. She even asks Touma if he'll take care of her if she gets wasted.

Fed-Kun's army
sometimes it feels like their relationship is all about sex, about using each other for their own selfish purposes.

Dex-chan lover
yeaaa, those of us who've read enough doujins probably knows what happened sadly

Dex-chan lover
At least with this author, I know despite the sad background, this is a story about healing and hopefully confronting the issues that occurred to get back up stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread