When I Returned to My Hometown, My Childhood Friend was Broken - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
damn it.. I was hoping this wasn't the reason.. fuuuuuuuuuuuu.. poor girl..

Dex-chan lover
I'm getting Gal Cleaning Vibes... Anyone else? Really dirty place, obvious date r*pe set up, we are about to see some really dark shit that doesn't need to be there. Why is it always sexual assault? People can be broken for reasons that are complicated, it doesn't always always always have to be r*pe.

Dex-chan lover
Must we really go down this way? Please author, please, I want a manga about healing, improvement and happiness.
Please don't go down the rape/drugs/prostitution or whatever route....

Dex-chan lover
Here's a not so fun fact about Japan:

This kind of thing happens... More than what people believe over there, and has been on the rise, as they have a really heavy drinking culture, even if the amount of reported cases is lower in comparison to other countries, as it's known that a lot of women never report date-rape assaults involving soporific drugs because of the fear of social ostracism, or the shame that they believe will bring to them.

Shit's fucked.

There's even stereotypes about certain university clubs, especially the ones full of "playboys".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm getting Gal Cleaning Vibes... Anyone else? Really dirty place, obvious date r*pe set up, we are about to see some really dark shit that doesn't need to be there. Why is it always sexual assault? People can be broken for reasons that are complicated, it doesn't always always always have to be r*pe.
Not really Gal Cleaning if the whole premise of the manga is predicated on the awful backstory. A Gal Cleaning Moment™ is when a huge turd soils a manga out of nowhere.

Dex-chan lover
Here's a not so fun fact about Japan:

This kind of thing happens... More than what people believe over there, and has been on the rise, as they have a really heavy drinking culture, even if the amount of reported cases is lower in comparison to other countries, as it's known that a lot of women never report date-rape assaults involving soporific drugs because of the fear of social ostracism, or the shame that they believe will bring to them.

Shit's fucked.

There's even stereotypes about certain university clubs, especially the ones full of "playboys".

Still, I hope this is NOT what happened to this girl, and the author is just baiting all of us.
This is 100% true, and doesn't just happen in Japan, though the cultural causation is different, its common here in the states as well. I've personally dealt with cases involving sexual assault due to drinking parties and its physically painful to see someone dealing with it. I'd rather be shot at all day than deal with those.

Double-page supporter
I'm glad we're finally tackling this. MC-kun is a good dude for accepting her as she is but with the way their relationship is something was bound to shake their foundations sooner or later.

It's an unfortunately common story. An inexperienced tomboy, especially if they're hot as hell, thrown into the lion's den and she suddenly finds herself in a place she didn't want to be in with somebody she didn't want to be with. I'm just assuming but it seemed like she didn't want her first time to mean nothing so she probably tried to put up with this guy even if she doesn't like him. That would explain her radical new look. In the end I think either he left her for some stupid reason or the other or she couldn't take it anymore and came back home. Her saying "please don't hate me" out of no where leads me to think either this experience left her horrible self esteem issues and/or she had a thing for MC-kun and that nightmare reminded her of the hopelessness she probably felt after.

Some pretty heavy stuff incoming I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread