When I Returned to My Hometown, My Childhood Friend was Broken - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
ooooooh I would've been very angry with that old couple if I were in Touma's shoes
He was probably incensed but swallowed his anger to provide her what she needed more, his unyielding support and faith in her.

Dex-chan lover
There is zero situation that can justify rape, but people who try and blame the victim deserve to get assaulted themselves. Like seriously man that is a literal example of pure evil.
Why is it that people go ballistic every time one of the simplest facts is said out loud: when shit happens, there are varying levels of accountability at play.

If a woman was walking around at night, particularly in a dark street, alone, with a very expensive looking bag, and then someone leapt out, grabbed her bag, and ran off, how many can honestly the woman has zero accountability there?

You can call it victim blaming if you want to feel righteous, but your feelings mean shit in the situation. People who call this out are NOT victim blaming; the same way if the situation above happened, I would call the thief evil without hesitation, BUT I could also, at least internally, call the victim an idiot for quite literally walking into that situation.

Although I'm honestly not sure why this conversation even started considering there's little to no information in the manga as to how exactly the assault happened. We aren't even definitively certain if it was rape, though there are some hints that it might be.

Contributor
Why is it that people go ballistic every time one of the simplest facts is said out loud: when shit happens, there are varying levels of accountability at play.

If a woman was walking around at night, particularly in a dark street, alone, with a very expensive looking bag, and then someone leapt out, grabbed her bag, and ran off, how many can honestly the woman has zero accountability there?

Putting aside the fact that women have been raped no matter what clothing they wear, what activity they’re doing, how they look, and so on, you’re missing the big thing here:

If someone is so sexually frustrated that they see a woman with provocative clothing and just have to rape her, then the onus is on them.

Because, and I will stress this, it is not hard to avoid raping someone. You can just not rape them.

Dex-chan lover
Putting aside the fact that women have been raped no matter what clothing they wear, what activity they’re doing, how they look, and so on, you’re missing the big thing here:

If someone is so sexually frustrated that they see a woman with provocative clothing and just have to rape her, then the onus is on them.

Because, and I will stress this, it is not hard to avoid raping someone. You can just not rape them.
I agree with you. The biggest accountability in rape will ALWAYS fall on the perpetrator. But the "onus" as you said to keeping yourself safe is, unless you're a kid, yourself. It's like two completely different arguments. I always say as an urban cyclist. No matter who's at fault in an accident, it's the cyclist who almost ALWAYS loses. I'm a big guy and I ALWAYS have to weigh the risks when I walk down a dark alleyway. Myself, my argument isn't ever to blame after something bad happened but to provide a stern reminder before it even happens.

Dex-chan lover
So few chapters ago was a scene where she drinks something in the past, I guess sedative... This is truly a dark story not for everyone. I hoped that she simply wanted to be with him, painfully wrong.
In future chapters, she would reveal her story, and considering her statements of being weak I know where it leads. Was good till this chapter, but time to drop.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
ooooooh I would've been very angry with that old couple if I were in Touma's shoes
why? That's important information to know about your partner. How can you help with , or be considerate of a problem you don't know about?

Double-page supporter
why? That's important information to know about your partner. How can you help with , or be considerate of a problem you don't know about?
Sure, but it wasn't their information to share. That's not something you just blab about randomly. Not to mention the "she should've been more careful" bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
1) it was hinted at well but still rough to hear. It's some comfort the people that did it were actually arrested

2) Damn she has good hearing (that or the elderly couple takes about other people's business really loudly... which is plausible)

3) I'm surprised her neighbors revealed this and not her parents or Touma's parents (I thought they stayed in town and would have kept touch with their son's best friend and or his parents). A

Dex-chan lover
Sure, but it wasn't their information to share. That's not something you just blab about randomly. Not to mention the "she should've been more careful" bullshit.
To be fair from how they spoke about it, they assumed the information had already been shared and in their own, somewhat misguided way, wanted to praise Touma and show their graditude that they did end up together and we're helping each other. And it definitely wasn't their private information to share (and you know what they say about "assume"), but again to be fair it's not that out there to assume that someone has shared with their partner whom they are moving in with rather important information that had apparently spread around the neighborhood (or at least to an old elderly couple living nearby).

Double-page supporter
A naive girl that went out discovering and experiencing her independent life ended up getting exploited by ones who know better.

Dex-chan lover
Oh it was a gangR....worse than having her drink spiked. Seems like MC is going on as though he'll wait for her to tell him about it. Different emotions this chapter

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty scared of walking around in public too
Mostly just a fear of being stabbed though
You just have to be scarier than anything out there and nothing will try to approach you. Howl at the moon like a werewolf if you must. :D

Fed-Kun's army
I can predict the whole chapter just by the sheer number of comments :haa:

On one hand I'm glad to finally find out what happened (even if I had a hunch already), but that old couple had NO PLACE telling someone about that

Users who are viewing this thread