When I Returned to My Hometown, My Childhood Friend was Broken - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
Ayo fuck that old couple.
I could understand them making a mistake and assuming Touma already knew about her story, they are moving in together after all. But following that up with "She should have been more careful. Once something's broken, there's no putting it back how it was" was super messed up imo.
Japanese are very judgemental and hold no pity or remorse to victims of rape.

Dex-chan lover
This is a nice and pleasant fantasy, but in my personal experience, people who have been traumatized and deal with PTSD don't recover so easily.

Touma's having a pretty great time all round, his hot childhood friend is a little worn out but she's still super cute and cleans up real nice, and she's always super nice, thoughtful, attentive and kind to him when they're together and so grateful to have him around all the time. Maybe she has some nightmares and needs a hug once in a while (though not very often), but that just lets Touma feel like a hero when he takes care of her and she repays him in kind immediately. She's also super proactive in "getting better" and "putting herself back together", so I guess we can expect that by the end of the manga she'll be a fully functional adult with no problems whatsoever and heading towards an idyllic future.

Based on my personal experiences, what's different in reality is that the PTSD manifests way way more often, and in many more ways. Nightmares and panic attacks occur on a regular basis, maybe several times a week. Often in the middle of the night, and it can take hours to calm down. The person in question becomes distrustful of everyone, they won't just selectively completely trust one person and act super nice and rational with that person all the time like Kyouko does. Touma doesn't have to have endless discussions to convince relieve Kyouko of some paranoid delusion that he's somehow betrayed her on a regular basis. She's not being paranoid about all of Touma's friends and family secretly hating or looking down on her, and constantly shit-talking them in front of him. I wonder if he'd find her quite so attractive if that was the case. Not saying that has to be the case with every victim of PTSD, but point is that Touma has to sacrifice basically nothing and just gets a cute big-boobed GF who loves him more than anything in the world with essentially no effort, and dating someone who's been traumatized is not like that AT ALL.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese are very judgemental and hold no pity or remorse to victims of rape.
Yea, and she said “It’s so bad they had to make arrest” or something along those lines. In Japan, sexual assault and harassment doesn’t have that bad of punishments, so they can sometimes get off essentially scot-free. These two reasons result in a lot of cases going unreported, which means we don’t even know just how bad it is in Japan

Dex-chan lover
Yea, and she said “It’s so bad they had to make arrest” or something along those lines. In Japan, sexual assault and harassment doesn’t have that bad of punishments, so they can sometimes get off essentially scot-free. These two reasons result in a lot of cases going unreported, which means we don’t even know just how bad it is in Japan

Also remember men's future and public image are more protected in Korea and Japan. They will legit gaslight the victim so bad it will do mental damage and the person gets a slap on the wrist and just goes back to doing it again....Korea is way worse and that law they have for people underage legit infuriates me..so many rapes and assaults have been committed in Korea and the dude or chick gets away with it cause they aren't adults.

Dex-chan lover
Also remember men's future and public image are more protected in Korea and Japan. They will legit gaslight the victim so bad it will do mental damage and the person gets a slap on the wrist and just goes back to doing it again....Korea is way worse and that law they have for people underage legit infuriates me..so many rapes and assaults have been committed in Korea and the dude or chick gets away with it cause they aren't adults.
Funny how two of the most developed countries deal with problems that lesser developed countries have to deal with. Shameful behavior from fellow humans, if that’s what we can call them.

Group Leader
Damn, poor girl :( at least I'm glad she got such a nice childhood friend to take care of her! :3

Aggregator gang
at least she only got raped once before coming back home and becoming a shut-in, right.. not like she lived as a crack-whore for six years.. or become a dropout single mom and plan to jump in front of her childhood friend like in this other manga we know..

though it still sucks the cheerful and energetic childhood sweetheart was taken from MC by a bunch of assholes.. the real bros were the high school classmates who told MC that he needs to work fast before he realizes too late that he likes her..

Fed-Kun's army
I mean I’d be pretty upset too if we just read 30 chapters about a girl who was severely mentally broken due to this particular event and then some weird fetishizer comes along and says “let me see”
31 of those reacts were likes too so it makes doubly upsetting.

Aggregator gang
You've got to look at it from their perspective. It's probably safer now, but back during the old peoples' time, if you dressed scantily or you didn't keep to a group when going out, it was normal to say that it was your own fault for that happening to you. You might call it victim blaming, but you're responsible for your actions and you have to take the consequences for it, even though you're not the one in the wrong. Doesn't help that your rapists go to prison for the rest of their life, you've still gotten raped and have to live with it. You can blame society all you want, that doesn't help you.
You don't have to travel far out of the Western world where this is the normal still, and probably won't change in the foreseeable future.
sort of facts, but from what I've heard from a man I knew on TikTok (yeah I know, not that reliable of source), men today are even crazier than before. Even wearing a full dress or a VERY clothed onesie won't help. Hijabis today are also worried a man would just rip it off and assault her anyway. So yeah, back then is pretty common to blame a rape victim on the victim because of the minim clothing but now, it's pretty much the dudes that need to calm down.

Fed-Kun's army
You know it's gona be a heck of a ride (in a good way) when you get goosebumps from a romance story. Whad a Chad MC just trying to make the FMC whole again instead of lurching on her to become her previous cheery self as well. :chad:

Users who are viewing this thread