When I Returned to My Hometown, My Childhood Friend was Broken - Ch. 48

Double-page supporter
Can't hide my smirk when I saw the baby. But still, there's weird feeling after reading it...

Dex-chan lover
wtf is wrong with society that a parent of a new born child has to adhere to visiting hours? I understand that they have their place and I'm not for getting rid of them entirely, but for gods sake...

Dex-chan lover
wtf is wrong with society that a parent of a new born child has to adhere to visiting hours? I understand that they have their place and I'm not for getting rid of them entirely, but for gods sake...
Because your wife/partner and your kid are usually monitored and treated with antibiotic, vitamins, hydration. There's also general care and an important part of treating the vagina for post-childbirth tears and other nasty stuff of the process, pardon the details. More so, in many countries (and where I live too) fathers are not even allowed to witness the childbirth for sterilization reasons.

Dex-chan lover
Because your wife/partner and your kid are usually monitored and treated with antibiotic, vitamins, hydration. There's also general care and an important part of treating the vagina for post-childbirth tears and other nasty stuff of the process, pardon the details. More so, in many countries (and where I live too) fathers are not even allowed to witness the childbirth for sterilization reasons.
BS. If that were true, home births wouldn't be a thing and the mortality rate due to birth related incidents would be astronomically high, even in the first world. In most European countries the mother and child go home the same day after giving birth. Antibiotics are only prescribed if there is risk of infection. Post-partum tears happen but aren't a frequent occurrence. Calling it nasty is also tasteless beyond belief. Nothing about birth is sterile. Sterility is the absence of any lifeforms. That is literally impossible with birth. The only near sterile place in a hospital is the operating theater at the beginning of an operation.

Dex-chan lover
I dont think it be that kinda story, but bro... You can't go sayin' shit like that. This is "More red flags than a Chinese Military parade" level of commentary. :haa::worry:

BS. If that were true, home births wouldn't be a thing and the mortality rate due to birth related incidents would be astronomically high, even in the first world. In most European countries the mother and child go home the same day after giving birth. Antibiotics are only prescribed if there is risk of infection. Post-partum tears happen but aren't a frequent occurrence. Calling it nasty is also tasteless beyond belief. Nothing about birth is sterile. Sterility is the absence of any lifeforms. That is literally impossible with birth. The only near sterile place in a hospital is the operating theater at the beginning of an operation.
Post-partum tears are common, so are episiotomies, which is a surgical cut to the perineum to prevent tears. According to the NHS, 9 out of 10 new mothers giving birth naturally will have some sort of tear or a episiotomy.

Childbirth may be natural, but it takes a massive toll on a woman's body. Don't underestimate how much of a deal it is. Before modern medicine, the mortality rate of mothers and babies during childbirth is very high.

Dex-chan lover
Post-partum tears are common, so are episiotomies, which is a surgical cut to the perineum to prevent tears. According to the NHS, 9 out of 10 new mothers giving birth naturally will have some sort of tear or a episiotomy.
Sure, if you're including first and second degree tears, then I'd agree, they are common. But to quote the NHS: ''For most women, these tears are minor, heal quickly and require little to no medical intervention."

Also the statistics you quoted are for first time mothers. The incidence rate for mothers giving birth a second etc. time, are lower.
Childbirth may be natural, but it takes a massive toll on a woman's body.
Where did I say that it doesn't take a toll on the woman's body or that it's not a major deal? I work in a delivery ward. I am well aware of how significant birthing a child is.

Before modern medicine, the mortality rate of mother and babies during childbirth is very high.
How is this at all relevant to what I said?

I fail to see what your reply was supposed to add to the discussion.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I cut the cord on both of my daughters and stayed with my wife in her recovery room each of the first nights.

Dex-chan lover
Damn ..this brings back memory when my baby girl was born!
@Ironclad dude...the rollercoaster of emotions :facepalm:...but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world!
@Rake3134 true, my wife and I gave birth to our first daughter in a special pool! It's an amazing experience and this method relived a great deal of stress from the mothers body! So only complications require a sterile environment! It's actually beneficial for the baby to have much contact possible with the mother (and father;)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well, I for one was present for the whole birth, and after that I stayed with my wife and child in the same room in the hospital until they were discharged. The mental wellbeing of the mother is also pretty important.

Double-page supporter
OMG LET'S GOO. MY BIGGEST FEAR WAS THIS ENDING WITH A MISCARRIAGE DUE TO PSYCOLOGICAL AND DRAMA TAGS BUT NOPE THE AUTHOR DELIVERED (LITERALLY!!!) Ahh my soul is cleansed :hearts:
Fj1UmzUVsAEnh-q.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread