When the Villainess Is in Love - Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
*finishes reading chapter*
*looks at comments*
Hm? Volton's outfit?
*goes back to chapter*
VOLTON'S OUTFIT!!! NO WONDER MY EYES FELT AT EASE

if even a half-dead, barely an acquaintance princess is best than the actual crown prince, yes, the duke must really hate him 🤣
Also Eugene's clothes are beautiful :D

It's funny how we got people hating on her fangirling not realizing.. if she wasn't doing the fangirl thing she NEVER would have caught Eugene or Cain's eye. It's because her fangirling is making her look "at odds" with her surroundings that they keep getting interested in her. Also she *has* an objective and she's actively pursuing it in her own way. She's trying to reduce the chance that Ariel maxes out Eugene and Cain's favor through subtle movements. If they don't fall hopelessly in love with Ariel then Psycho the wonder prince won't end up killing them. But it has to be a "light touch" else it's not going to work.

I know people are having issues with her fangirling, but I'm kinda grateful for the comedic relief honestly :') At times it does get a little frustrating since, well, she really needs to take her path and choices seriously because her life is literally at stake, although it doesn't feel urgent yet, plus it's literally all she's been thinking about. A reality check may be in her near future along with the inevitable appearance of the crown prince sobering her up, too.

But for now, it's fun and refreshing seeing characters naturally fall for her (of course, I use "fall" lightly. Quite the interesting parallel with Alice, no?) and being able to fangirl right along next to her. It's a breath of fresh air from all the stressful vengeance stories where every false move means death. Sometimes I just wanna yell over blushy hot men, indulge in my guilty pleasure of romance tropes, and laugh at comedic misunderstandings, you know?

I mean, her fangirling was established from the get go, so it's par for the course, really.

Users who are viewing this thread