When the Villainess Is in Love - Ch. 32

Pardon my rant, but-
Every update I just hope this story actually allows her to go and stay go, because this entire set-up seems like the sort of story that'll get dramatic when she tries to leave and in the end she's just going to be trapped in the palace forever and become queen because she's better than the other guy despite refusing the position and all her new friends are dragging her down like rocks in her pocket.
Like I want this to be more like "Milady Wants to Relax"
mc goes into hiding and stays in hiding making new friends
than "Lady Rose Wants to be a Commoner"
MC fails to go into hiding because everyone keeps trying to drag her back to the position she ran from
because its just so despicable of the king to force her to rot in the palace for what would be the rest of her life(and when she doesn't die early from a dieses that means she'll be able to rot in the palace for much much longer than the original girl did) and if her new friends forced her to as well that's even worse because they're supposed to value her opinion at least. Like I hope there's some sort of development where they try to give her an antidote for her disease and she tells them to fuck off because she want's to leave but the story clearly isn't building to that route.

@UniYuki Imo I think her new attitude will end up changing the prince so that he will become a better ruler, not that she will end up taking the crown. She's changed the story so much that the prince can now date the original FL unopposed (unless she's actually changed it so so much that he doesn't meet the og FL at all) and she knows so much about the prince's motivations she'll prob end up endearing herself to him. She also sold her businesses already so she can't become known as a "financial powerhouse" which would give her some reasons to take the crown too.

Don't see how her befriending the other characters drag her down, if anything they'd understand she has been trapped in the palace for so long thinking she will inevitably die that she deserves to go out and explore the world...I don't see her showing happiness at doing any type of bureaucratic work, she no longer owns any businesses, and she isn't even known for social connections among the nobles, there's no reason why the MLs and Yviene would try to keep her specifically in the palace.

@UniYuki It's definitely her choice to stay. Her motivations for staying are quite clear as she still wants to save her favorite characters from meeting a bad end like in the original novel. Of course, it helps that she maintains a good relationship with said characters that she's been trying to save, but let it be known that she's not being held in the palace currently against her will. If she wanted to leave, she could and probably would've by now.

It's been a while since I've actually read "Lady Rose Wants to be a Commoner" so my memory of that manga is probably trash, but I don't think the cast at the palace can even compare to the characters in this webcomic. The ones here are much more endearing and genuinely have the MC's interests at heart; at least we're aware that their intentions towards MC are coming from a good place.

Perspective goes a long way for these characters as well. They probably think the princess is going crazy with her last wishes and whatnot since people will assume you will be more reckless when you have a terminal illness and know you won't have long left, which is why they haven't questioned the sudden personality shift (or thought the whole 'ice queen' thing came from rumors). Maybe I might've misremembered something, but I don't think these characters other than the king know that Libertia wants to leave in the first place, or at least know that she wanted to leave within 3 months. I don't see any attempts to stop her from leaving either. And if they did want to stop her from leaving, it's because they would be horrified that she's giving up so easily and accepting death prematurely, which again as previously mentioned comes from a place of good intentions rather than wanting to "keep her trapped there".

I don't think it's that deep, lol. It's a case of MC knowing more than the characters around here, hence the clash in desires. The characters would let her go too if they knew what she knew.

For a dog owner having to give away your dog is like giving away your family.
That letter must be really dangerous for her to make such a hard and sudden decision

When they said that the dollhouse was actually a doghouse, I immediately thought, “Oh no...is this some cruel joke?”
Because think about it, the dog’s name comes from Libertia’s name so we can kind of think of it symbolizing her, and now the doghouse is made to look like the place she lives in. It’s like someone’s mocking her, reminding her how she’s treated like a pet, isolated, kept aside, trapped...
Maybe that’s why she got rid of the dog and the doghouse. If it were me that would be my train of thought, even if that wasn’t the intention of the person who gave it to her. I would feel disgusted looking at it.
This is just my guess/interpretation btw, not spoilers

Oh my, I thought the dog had died... Now I'm curious OoO
As always, brillant quality! Tx for the translation <3

Ok who tf threatened her and her dog DAMNIT. LET HER GET HER DOG BACK

it's either that letter is mocking her with the dog and doghouse or actually the prince want to get rid of what she love

Wheres the Emperor at? I thought he was trying to make things up to Litia while she was in the palace so she wouldnt only have feelings of being Abandonded?

Keeping her at the palace when she specified "3 months" isn't earning you points dude.

Aggregator gang
@Lilmonstergurldesi: for that emperor who didn't even care about the princess all her life, i doubt he could remember what he said. Maybe he was busy doting on his son the crown prince.

Users who are viewing this thread