When the Villainess Is in Love - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Contributor
She's a simp for the villainess.

But i disagree, she was not plain in herpast life.
With better clothes, she would be georgeous.

I cannot be the only person who thinks these dresses are hideous. Why the bows and ruffles? The fashion is so tacky it sometimes distracts my attention away from the plot. The men’s wear doesn’t seem too bad right now, I’m hoping it’s something the heroine is only wearing but considering the dress on the cover also has bows... I’ve noticed the same ugly dresses are sometimes depicted in Japanese manga, too. Can anyone explain this poor choice in fashion by the artists? Is there some kind of trope About ugly dresses that I don’t know about? Just wondering because there are some webtoons where the dresses are very beautiful and original, it really adds to the beauty of the artwork.

@Jessicazors I think it's supposed to make the heroine endearing for being so innocent as to ignore fashion. They aren't those evil conniving women who use their looks to get a man. I think that's what it's supposed to be going for.

I agree though it's ugly. I'm not one for fashion either but I wouldn't pick that dress.

Group Leader
"In my past life, nothing was particularly special about me"

Aside from your perfectly shaped ears, jawline, nose, eyebrows, and completely unmarred face.

Dex-chan lover
@Jessicazors
>Can anyone explain this poor choice in fashion by the artists
Maybe artists know more about fashion? I know a few shoujo/josei-oriented artists irl and all of them studied art, anatomy, and fashion stuff. They own books with medieval age references too. Drawing a difficult dress is already exhausting, drawing it every frame is just impossible if you aren't into it.

The power of love couldn’t save everyone. That’s why you remain friends, the power of friendship would’ve saved them and they wouldn’t have died.

icb i re-read this on the same day.. hello my future self i'm sure ur gonna come back here cuz yes you are in love with this manhwa and ur not complaining at all.. u're gonna read this again and again until you've seen enough litia and her handsome men.....

Double-page supporter
When will I get my plain heroine who doesn't have to be exceptionally beautiful and whitewashed

Fed-Kun's army
...i would burn that book, track down the author, kidnap them, tie them up, and shove the ashes down their throat
well.....maybe not and i will only toss the book and burn it xD

Rather than a comment, this is more of a note-to-self that I can come back and find easily incase I forget which hand is which in the cover picture...

Starting at the top, going clockwise:
Crown Prince - Lavrov
Intelligence Guild Master - Herrace
Free Knight - Eugene
Duke 🧛🏻‍♂️ - Cain
Assassin's Guild Leader - Daniel

Honestly, you guys probs see the MC’s og form as super pretty bc that’s how the artist made it out to be in the webtoon. As for how she was meant to written, realistically, she could just be your avg plain jane. Not ugly or anything, just not absolutely as drop-dead gorgeous as Libertia was.

And regardless of how you actually look, if you’ve got a less than stellar self-image, which the MC might have, that’s gonna affect how you describe yourself

Princess is really a beautiful woman charming, charismatic, poised with her dashingly stoic personality cold and ice yet a work of art to behold the world with her mysterious purple eyes i love her already and that blue haired pimp looks really tacky boring and feeble.

Users who are viewing this thread