When the Villainess Meets the Crazy Heroine - Ch. 29

Aggregator gang
But a law that have no support will create chaos/revolt which is his point.
Sure the king is known to be doing teh bi, but it's not accepted by society at large and even if the king make it law it's not like the people will follow it blindly.
(see systemic racism in USA even after the civil right acts)
I would say that by default Nobility is an extremely conservative class, so if this is being considered by at least some members of the nobility, maybe the actual support inside the general population isn't so little as we think.
In fact Dana say "No reputable noble" as if nobility was the only category worth considering. Only after he mentioned changing the cultural aspects of the masses, but Dana was shown, as all the nobles, to be quite detached from the actual mindset and modus vivendi of the commoner population. (and not only that, considering how his action affected that girl chapters back)

It's also contradictory when mentioning the "leading by example", but how can an influencial person lead by example if it's not legal?
Essentially they're 2 opposite end of making change to society.
Irene want to force society to accept the new way by using authority/power of the king.
Prince want to just nudge the country towards that possibility and hope the people will just naturally come to create/accept that new way.
Dana isn't proposing a way to make change. He mention a world where productive forces won't be bound by population size, but even he realized that it's far fetched into the future. It's also hoping the situation would resolve itself with no external interventions from the authority.
The only good suggestion was about the importance on improving women economic capabilities but even that, while important, is a tangent problem.

Dex-chan lover
Pushing for normalization still goes a long way towards acceptance though. Also note that Dana didn’t offer a sensible path for it either, he just sidestepped the issue by bringing up economic reform.
Dana isn't proposing a way to make change. He mention a world where productive forces won't be bound by population size, but even he realized that it's far fetched into the future. It's also hoping the situation would resolve itself with no external interventions from the authority.

I did say his way was the hands off one.

He's staying in the line, making changes that's innocuous enough nobody would complain (increasing women capability to work. Not creating a new concept, just increasing the existing one) but doesn't do anything that might cause ripples with the nobles (legalize homosexual marriage, or even supporting Irene in becoming duchess)

Thank you for your work!

I really like Irene trying to change things, I hope there's no comphet, but still...

Users who are viewing this thread