When Will Ayumu Make His Move? - Vol. 17 Ch. 225 - The Final Move

MD@Home
And a very big thank you Harmless Monsters for this long and hectic ride during these 5 years (๑´>᎑<)~*
To join what's mostly been said, this ending and the far too-stretched time it took for the confession is really unfortunate, but the overall impression of the manga is still fine. I hope author-sama will evolve from this lazy ending to bestow us of a new great adventure ( • ̀ω•́ )✧

Dex-chan lover
I thought last chapter was the end and it was kinda lame
this is a better ending
it circles back to the start where she tries to be the cool, collected senpai but ends up getting flustered

a predictable ending, but this series isn't trying to break new ground or anything

Dex-chan lover
4 years and 225 chapters for the most middling, underwhelming, milquetoast, "bringing it back around at the end" final chapter possible
No kiss
No hug
This is some bullshit
With how spicy Yamamoto was getting with the side couple I fooled myself into thinking we would get SOME form of affection, no matter how small
The love triangle with Rin and the latter third of the manga dragged on for way, way, WAY too long, you can tell that Yamamoto is just going trough the motions in the later chapters and just trying to pass the time until graduation, and in regards to Rin she REALLY shouldn't have gotten so much attention when we all knew damn well that things were mever gonna go anywhere with her
It has not been a good month for romcoms, it's just dud after dud

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I've been reading this since the pre-serialization Shogi Senpai days, so it's nice to see it draw to a close.

I loved the humor that came from Ayumu's straightforwardness and Urushi's reactions, as well as the overall cuteness that came from their daily life. Yamamoto really pushed his art as this series went on, especially in big moments, such as when Urushi first saw the cherry blossom tree bloom and realized her feelings for Ayumu.

It wasn't a perfect ride; it did drag a bit at some points, and while I don't mind Rin as a character, and I understand the point of her character as a plot device, I can see why people felt that her feelings for Ayumu felt pretty impotent in terms of adding drama, not helped by the fact that Ayumu handled it in a bizarre way (even for teenage boy standards) that served no other reason to extend what was already a foregone conclusion.

There could have been more chapters of Urushi interacting with Maki, but not for any plot reasons -- I'm biased cause I like Maki.

The ending was also unbased and Heiseipilled because we only got a peek into their future life with no romantic overtures. Still, I was expecting it, especially considering how Yamamoto ended his other series.

That being said, I loved it despite its warts.

Thanks for all your hard work, Harmless Monsters. Looking forward to seeing you guys work on the next Yamamoto series, hopefully.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for all the work you've done on this series, it's quite the journey. I must say I'm very happy with it overall, even if I wanted to see more of the side characters.

Dex-chan lover
solid end tbh, they arent that deep for a sequel. where is rin though.

Thanks Harmless Monsters for all your hard work. Only Yamamoto sensei deserves greater praise and thanks. A great effort with quality results. Having a stable team kept both the translation and presentation consistent throughout - well done.

Dex-chan lover
MAN THATS HOW IT ENDS?! I hope there’s a follow up manga of these two, if not I will kms okay I’m kidding but yk, it’s a fitting end but after following this manga for years and then AH MAN FUCK IT IM SMILING AND HAPPY FOR THEM EITHER WAY LETS GOOOOOO

Dex-chan lover
it pretty much ended as i expected it to

though for me personally i liked Rin much more but lol there was no way she was gonna win things was already set in stone from the start of this series

with that said though i was still hoping for atleast a time skip or something with Urushi

but im guessing im to spoiled because Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san had such a nice end and it even got a sequel continuing with the main couple living their lives together and such

but nonetheless i still enjoyed this series

Nah fam they didn't even hold hands at the end, Rin suffered for a dry ass ending.... Still was cute but COME ON

Users who are viewing this thread