Whisper Me a Love Song - Vol. 9 Ch. 43 - A Song I Want to Reach You

A bit disappointing to me.
Shiho has been the most fun character and probably in this story and probably the most fun "loser" of all time bc unlike most of the losers (e.g. Aki), she doesn't support her crush to be together with other people like an idiot. Also, She works hard to fulfill her dream, having the nicest body, being kind to people she likes while being a tsundere.
And most important of all, she sacrificed her first love to fulfill and compensate her old friend's dream. That's why I think her story is beautiful.
But all of sudden, she becomes another boring character just to be together with another boring character who forgets her crush in like 1 day.

I think I will just ignore the logic behind the story and just enjoy Eku's art instead.

Dex-chan lover
I'm a little confused. So did Aki do a 180 and now suddenly likes her back? or just wanted to be friends? Either way, I'm glad this arc is over lol

thank you very much for the translation!
I'm really satisfied with how things turned out, the author chose a more mature take on relationships and that was refreshing! Crushes (especially unrequited) don't last forever, and it's pretty clear that Aki started getting over hers the moment Himari and Yori started dating, but it took for Shiho to confess for her to actually reflect on it and realize that change. And I'm happy we were shown Aki thoroughly self reflect and ponder over these things in her room, as well as what Shiho means to her. In the end, regardless of the nature of her feelings at that moment, she really wanted to be by Shiho's side and didn't want to lose her. Aki's crush on Yori almost completely faded gets confirmed by their handshake, and she's relieved, there's nothing weighing down on her anymore, so she accepts and returns Shiho's confession, wanting to give this relationship (now different in nature) another try! Obviously, at this point in time Aki's feelings for Shiho are not as deep as Shiho's for her, but I'm pretty certain you'll see her start falling in love from now on. I'm really looking forward to seeing that happen and I hope we see more of them from now on as well!

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping the 'be with me' means 'be my close friend like we used to be because I miss you, maybe with the chance for more to grow as I move on from the crush I know I have to give up'. Would seem rather sudden if that was straight to dating.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the upload! Honestly forgot about this series, I'll have to reread it cuz this chapter made no sense to me.

Dex-chan lover
Idk if this means that them two are dating but if it does I don’t like that. Aki was never in love with shiho. Aki been in love with the other girl for months and still was until shiho confessed to her. So now all of a sudden when shio tells Aki why she left and that she was always in love her that made Aki instantly in love with shiho. I don’t like when they do that to characters because it looks forced. It feels like aki is taking pitty in shiho feelings and just wants their relationship back to being good and not in a way where she’s actually fell in love with shiho.
She literally said that she doesn't know what shape their relationship will take but she wants to be with her. They're starting over and now have the ability to build a romance if they want to over time, since she's realized that she no longer is hung up on her past romance and is therefore open to a new one (she realized this a couple chapters ago). So she didn't just suddenly decide to be in love, she's deciding to be open to a relationship again with someone she never wanted to lose in the first place and whatever form that winds up taking over time, is whatever. (It'll likely end up romantic though, especially since Shiho still likes her and the only real impediment back then had been Aki's old crush).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She literally said that she doesn't know what shape their relationship will take but she wants to be with her. They're starting over and now have the ability to build a romance if they want to over time, since she's realized that she no longer is hung up on her past romance and is therefore open to a new one (she realized this a couple chapters ago). So she didn't just suddenly decide to be in love, she's deciding to be open to a relationship again with someone she never wanted to lose in the first place and whatever form that winds up taking over time, is whatever. (It'll likely end up romantic though, especially since Shiho still likes her).
This could be the only coherent explanation on how they are going to be handled by the author from here onwards, and I thank you for pointing it out.

As many already said, if they go straight into dating it would only feel really forced and anticlimatic

Users who are viewing this thread