Who Made Me a Princess - Vol. 2 Ch. 77

Dex-chan lover
Yaay, finally we getting some quality tea time with Lucas and magic

Dwn

@Someone2Love

I could be wrong, especially because I myself did not read it and was told the spoiler, but I think the Jeannette's existence itself was killing Claude, which. Very fucked up and completely unnecessary, imo. I don't know if, in that other universe/whatever she has a familial, loving relationship with Claude or her bio dad, but regardless, convoluted is a freaking understatement.

Instead of going for a route that'll give happy endings to as many characters as possible, I would've had Jeannette realize the nature of her existence and exactly what she is, her dealing with the horror of it and existential crisis up the wazoo, and then, I don't know, possibly ultimately have her sacrifice herself to save her father (never mind that he's not her bio dad, she considers him her father and really, the truth is being kept from her to begin with, so I can see them continue to keep it from her) and deal with the ramifications of that.

Athy could've matured from it, develop a sense of compassion and empathy, and become an advocate. For what, I don't know. Maybe for orphans who crave family the way Jeannette did or something like that. It could've been the reason for her to learn magic instead of the reason that was just presented in this latest chapter, to really refine and study it so that should something like this ever happen in the future, death wouldn't be the only solution. It'd be a good way for her to start getting closer to Lucas and build a relationship with him.

And Claude could've prosecuted his brother through legal means for not only using that dark magic thingy but also attempted regicide and conspiracy (though, tbf, I don't know if he did or didn't or if he just offed him) and Mr. White for conspiracy (keeping and raising the daughter of the king in secret with the intent to possibly manipulate the king through his love for her (which never came to pass) and to marry her off to his own son (so, what, that his bloodline will enter the royal bloodline??)).

Jeannette could've gone out a heroine, a savior, and it would've been terrible and fucked up and sad in so many ways, especially considering that she's a fucking child and shouldn't have had to deal with this to begin with, but I think it would've been better than jumping through hoops and sharks to give everyone a happy ending that's now cheapened.

(I also would've liked to address the fact that Athy and her dad's relationship is built on deception, which is a trope of this genre that I fucking hate, but that's never going to happen, so.)

Sorry for the rambling, I've had a lot of frustrated thoughts about this ever since my sister spoiled me.

Im so curious what was Lucas supposed to say huhuhu. Anyway Lucas is really my pick for Athy he is very caring and thoughtful.

Group Leader
are those pockets on her dress? wtf im jealous
WNziDri.png

she takes after her father? exploding/destroying things with magic? ahaha

Dex-chan lover
@Dwn
It's cool. I get the frustration knowing it's not going to turn out the way you want. I think you have an interesting perspective. Honestly, this series has a lot of potential for some serious angst, which I would love... But it never feels fully explored. 😢 Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

@Dwn That's not it, I read it and in the end
Jennette is basically a clon made from her mom and black magic. The black magic is removed from her body and her eyes go back to her natural color(Green, I think). She moves away with Kiel. Claude wanted to kill her but Athy stopped him. I didn't any side story where Jennette traveled to other universes. The Lucas from the original novel is the one doing that, in one of the universes he witnesses Athy marrying Kiel.

I can’t wait for the scene where Lucas hits Claude on the head with the World Tree branch (if Spoon does it that way)

Group Leader
@Jujubamarela
He was trying to say that he could heal Claude by stabbing him in the head with a branch of the world tree. You'll see xD

Dwn

@Retrovert So. It seems I was misinformed. Annoying, but I'm actually glad to have been wrong in that case because while that ending isn't the greatest, it's still leagues better than what she'd told me. Thanks for the clarification.

I'M GOING SOLO-LO-LO-LOLOLOO  
♪~(´ε` )

Aw, I'm glad her daddy just worries about Atty, not hate towards Jennette but I'm kinda done with her, this is about Claude and Athy, we don't need the cousin in every chapter pls (I'm even ok if she lives and whatever, Spoon can give her a happy ending if that's the dessire but this story is not-about-her, or at least makes her aware of what she's doing first. It's so annoying seeing her acting like that because she doesn't knpw anything, ty).

Haha aw, Lucas looks like a baby and I hope Atty will be an awesome magician. uwu~

Edit: tnksm for your hardwork 💛

Users who are viewing this thread