Who Made Me a Princess - Vol. 3 Ch. 88

While Athy save Jennete's face about revealing black magic, that villain dude accuse her in his own devilment.

@iskaeil what did I just read... Pretty sure I said this in a previous reply already 😔 she need no official meeting bs to vote if this nobles agree or not. She just did that out of respect. Like, informing them that 'look, I'm taking over for now' voting is just like a formality.

Athy is the highest authority there. Period. What do you think is Anastacius' current position that makes you think he's much powerful than the current Princess? 'Overthrown Emperor' is not the same as 'Emperor'. I'm genuinely curious if you dont know how heirarchy works or I dont.

Exactly. I keep on saying this since the beginning, only if he revolt then he get his chance and last reply I said Jeanette have a chance for the substitute position more than his father cos Anastacius shouldnt be getting this much impact if we talk actual realistic development. So, what are we even disagreeing about now, anyway? I'm confused.

That late emperor dude is such an annoying prick, I wish he wasn't part of this at all, EVERY chapter that includes him is pissing me off. Honestly, if he doesn't get kicked out of the palace I'm dropping this manga

@Chttrbx_ That was an exact quote from chapter 85 🙄. Lucas literally roasted her and the nobles for having a meeting on announcing OFFICIALLY who is the emperor's substitute, and she said it was just a formality. Literally said that Felix told her there would be no problem IF there were no other candidates. Except now Anastacius is here. And he counts as a candidate.

If Athy truly had absolute authority, she could have ordered Anastacius be killed right here and now on the emperor's behalf, as his substitute. If she had already been announced as his substitute, no one would say anything because obviously that would be what Claude wants too. Except she has not OFFICIALLY been announced to fill that role. Literally no other reason for Anastacius to be kept alive except the fact she and no one in the room has the technical authority to arrest him or kill him, because literally there has been no decision on who is the actual emperor's substitute which is what this whole meeting was for.

I know how the hierarchy works, but unless you are saying this story is so badly written that Athy cannot just announce Anastacius' execution right here and now despite being the next in line, and the emperor's substitute, then quite honestly I'm stumped as to what you believe the reasoning is that Anastacius is not currently on the floor being detained. The actual fact that she has not said that Anastacius can be detained for treason or executed for his prior crimes says to me that she clearly does not have all the power.

Fed-Kun's army
@iskaeil idk about that do u really think nobles will stand still with a KID ordering an execution? they could easily spread rumors that its treason for killing the kings older brother and her upbringing (commoner mom) causing her to be unfilial and corrupt. and yea i get the rulers supposed to be an absolute power but i really dont think ppl would stand still with a kid being in rule and nobles could easily stir up revolutionary ideas for their own benefit + i dont think athy would be capable of killing someone when she was never raised as royalty and is reincarnated (from a modern world)

why do ppl always think getting rid of charas be so easy if they could just be killed like 1 2 3 then theres no pt of that character being there?

@eminyan The point is that Anastacius has been executed before by her father. Ergo, by the other user's argument that Athy is the highest authority in the room and does not have to listen to the other nobles at all, she can have him arrested, or killed, right now. If she is truly the emperor's substitute, then yes, it would be well within her right by that logic. The other user is arguing that Athy could have handled this in this same chapter because she has absolute authority, and that she made terrible decisions in this chapter. I am arguing that she does NOT have the absolute authority and that she does, in fact, have to answer to the council of nobles, and that Anastacius is in fact a threat to her claim to the throne...

Way to take my words out of context.

I'm confused, didn't the king cursed himself in the first place?

I was very fond of Athy, but since she “side blinded Janette” I was not so much anymore.

She became a Mary sue. I don't need strong female characters just for them to be at least interesting, but she has always been so bland. I guess she pretty much became Jeannette of that prev book and I don't think it was good thing in that book and it's not good now.

Now the writer to spice up her character is throwing a politic plots that don't make much sense, like people not being allowed to know the state of the king and now the brother showing up in such an underwhelming fashion.

It would be better to see her training magic with Lucas to save her father or something... So Lucas becomes useful to say the least.

Sorry for this long rant again, but loving so much that first season, well except the ending, and then coming to this makes me sad haha

I'm really hoping this turns around and makes it epic again.

The king cursed himself because he cannot bear the suffering of losing his lover. He used black magic to remove all his emotions and memories regarding her. Don't u read it from the beginning??

I can't blame the princess for not getting comfy around Jeanette. She knows Jeanette is her cousin, a product of the black magic of his uncle and harms her father. In the original novel that she read the princess was executed while Jeanette was kept around even though she's only harming the king. She doesn't hate Jeanette but she can't be comfortable are her. She prevents herself from exposing the black magic practice by his uncle cuz it will harm Jeanette

You truly doesn't understand how politics works. If the noblemen know how ill the king is it will turn into chaos and they're trying to prevent that. The uncle is waiting for this moment so he can frame him of black magic, strip off his rights to the throne and takes the seat for himself.

The princess is indeed strong in this story and I still love her character

@ thankyoufortheupdate

I've read it very well, so why do they keep blaming external forces for his curse since some chapters ago? (even before the brother showed himself,).

Her dad didn't hurt anyone? He killed an entire palace with innocent people and spared only her maid.
I mean don't sugarcoat it, from what I could see so far that's more people than the uncle.

(edit: And now I noticed my pet peeve ~ I just dislike their holier than thou attitude)

The all Lucas thing In the end and in the start left me “...”
Anyway she can just say his name and he will come. Another lazy writing.
It's like the writer forget the rules of his own world.

And I understand why they want to hide it.
I should have questioned why they are so surprised people are connecting the dots and asking questions.
He hasn't shown up in weeks from what I can tell. If the king doesn't show up for two days people will wonder.
That all somebody is leaking information\ offended people even dare to ask total non-sense just lazy and she can call Lucas name, he will come in a second so they can deal with the brother together.

I might understand in the prev book that happened, but in here she uses Jeanette whenever she needs her and just tosses her aside when she is done with her and repeat... I just can't sympathize with that, even if they kind of help her now.

Users who are viewing this thread