Why can't we delete comments?

For chapters, series, & on the forum. On the pinned post it says it's a rejected feature too? So we will never be able to delete comments ever?

Contributor
I wonder if a "ninja-delete" feature (say, within the first five minutes of posting) to prevent accidental double posting was part of that REJECTED consideration.

One of the reasons is probably to encourage people to think before they post something.
In a lot of other communities it's not uncommon for people to post inflammatory crap with the sole purpose of inciting others -- only to then regret it and delete all traces of what they had done.
You'll still see it here as well from time to time, where people will edit a post into a blank slate, but at least this way people can still see it was edited and judge from the responses if that user is worth communicating with in the future.
I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I edited posts for a grammar reasons most of the time but unfortunately I can't delete this useless one, so I do hope people at least not hurts the feeling of one of another and think or do some research before comment or post something anywhere, and yes, since I also comment this I might be the least person you want to listen.

Now let's just enjoy reading together in while self distancing.
uohfhPh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread