Site Update - 24th of May 2024 (Donation Drive Update)

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
As an update on our support campaign, we can now say that the goal was achieved, and that MangaDex will be able to remain free and ad-free, and order the extra servers that were so desperately needed!

So... congratulations and thank you all again!

We will move to showing the support campaign banners on the site for a limited portion of time. This will vary based on how much is needed to stay roughly stable over time, as users come and go.

Finally, on the topic of the extra servers, we have now received a bit more than half of them earlier this week! We expect the remainder to arrive next week, and as soon as they're received, we will put them to work, which should result in:
  • speeding things up for everyone
  • making the site more stable overall
  • enabling us to release some features that had been delayed/rejected due to being at the limit of our current servers

TL;DR: Thank you all again for the incredible support. We are putting it to good use, and you can look forward to a lot of improvements soon as a result! Have a great day!

Here is the short website changelog:

Added
- On the home page, a "Featured" titles section was added near the seasonal anime titles list [1]

Fixed
  • On the home page, some titles that should show in title carrousels could be missing in some rare cases
  • Chapter lists had incorrect interractions with middle/ctrl click in some cases
  • A few other very minor bugs were fixed

[1]: If you support us at a tier that includes featuring a title, this is where it goes. Send a DM to the MangaDex user on NamiComi so we can check the request and add your choice of title there!

Hi guys
First of all, thank you very much for your effort, this website is great.
I wanted to give a donation, but all the payments were monthly.
Is there any possibility to do a single payment and not a monthly one?

Fed-Kun's army
I noticed that the Page title now looks different, it looks like this: 2 | Chapter 3 - To Love Ru - MangaDex where the first digit is the Page of the chapter, the rest is self explanatory. I quite like this a lot, since im someone who constantly takes screenshots of cute girls here and there.

So the screenshots file name looks like Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 08-50-48 16 Chapter 2 - Kuzulesse Oblige 18-kin Game Sekai no Kuzu Akuyaku ni Tensei Shiteshimatta Ore wa Gensaku Chishiki no Chikara de Doushite mo Mob Jinsei wo Tsukami Toritai - MangaDex.png.

And since I manage all the screenshots with a script when a screenshot is taken and its from mangadex, the script creates a folder in the destination root folder based of the Page title (Manga Title) then it moves said image to the it's respective folder, so everything is archived nicely, anyways, it's quite helpful info, really. also, I noticed that if i want to switch from one manga to another while remaining on the same tab, the Page title updates and the taken screenshots are getting updated accordingly, so are the Pages's count while reading as well. Really, this is something i've been wanting from Mangadex for a while. many thanks!

Dex-chan lover
I noticed that the Page title now looks different, it looks like this: 2 | Chapter 3 - To Love Ru - MangaDex where the first digit is the Page of the chapter, the rest is self explanatory.
Just curious, how it was before? I use the "Page URL and title won't update" so for me is "chapter number - title", I'm aware that is different for the other options, but I also remember that in the forums someone asked/complained about this a while ago

Fed-Kun's army
Just curious, how it was before? I use the "Page URL and title won't update" so for me is "chapter number - title", I'm aware that is different for the other options, but I also remember that in the forums someone asked/complained about this a while ago

So, in your case, with those options, if you had opened a manga title in a new tab, your Page title will look like Shinu hodo Kimi no Shojo ga Hoshii - MangaDex and remain like so even if you began reading a chapter, it would have remained static, an if you had opened a chapter then closed/opened the browser, your Page title would have looked like Shinu hodo Kimi no Shojo ga Hoshii - Vol. 5 Ch. 42 - MangaDex.

And in my case, i had Page URL and tile both update, so i should have had the Page number of the chapter i was in, somewhere included in the Page title, but i never saw such Page number, even after closing/opening the browser while i was in a chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread