Why is there so much isekai in top 10 on mangadex’s homepage?

Power Uploader
The answer is Escapism. Most Isekai manga have characterless main character which makes the reader self insert themselves as the MC. Wouldn't you rather imagine yourself being a literal god in a parallel universe having a harem of girls with bra size that only god knows than your daily boring life.

Dex-chan lover
The answer is Escapism. Most Isekai manga have characterless main character which makes the reader self insert themselves as the MC. Wouldn't you rather imagine yourself being a literal god in a parallel universe having a harem of girls with bra size that only god knows than your daily boring life.
Ok but like why so many? The isekai I see today have basically been done before a thousand times already.

Dex-chan lover
The most trend genre out there and the easiest to write for the authors

Power Uploader
Ok but like why so many? The isekai I see today have basically been done before a thousand times already.
I guess once they catch up to latest chapter they look for another manga with the same setting to satisfy their thirst. Also to be fair there are more romance manga than isekai in top 10.

Fed-Kun's army
Five of ten of the most followed titles are true isekai (transported to another world). Certainly not few, but also not too many.

Since other fantasy isn’t as present anymore, what else is there to read? Certainly not romance, that’s for sure!

Aggregator gang
There is many normal fantasy, but because it look like isekai (menu prompt, lvl, classes), people think it's isekai :D.

Dex-chan lover
There is many normal fantasy, but because it look like isekai (menu prompt, lvl, classes), people think it's isekai :D.
The problem with normal fantasy like that is that most people assume they were transported to another world unless the anime shows them just playing a fantasy game.

it's like fast food, really easy to consume and somewhat entertaining. also there's that entire power fantasy thing going on that many people just love.

Aggregator gang
I think authors of these fantasy just cut the "isekai" part because is irrelevant (like in 90% of isekais :p). Maybe this will be a next step. Fantasy worlds with game/video games like features.

Contributor
Because it's trash food, and lot of people like that, especially self-inserting into the main character.

That's why the isekai genre is full of pure trash, and at most 5 or 10% of them are somewhat good.

Dex-chan lover
Because it's trash food, and lot of people like that, especially self-inserting into the main character.

That's why the isekai genre is full of pure trash, and at most 5 or 10% of them are somewhat good.
I understand it's trash but there's a neverending supply. I am down to read/watch an isekai once every few months, but how does it not get boring reading the same thing every day for months?

Contributor
I do agree with you on the escapism but for me personally it gets old very quickly.

Just do scrolling through some LN's and you'll notice most of it is basically recycled stuff at this point.

MC gets hit by truck>transported to new world>new powers and girls all over his dick>harem/open ending done

Dex-chan lover
I do agree with you on the escapism but for me personally it gets old very quickly.

Just do scrolling through some LN's and you'll notice most of it is basically recycled stuff at this point.

MC gets hit by truck>transported to new world>new powers and girls all over his dick>harem/open ending done
The worst part is when they're on his dick but he's being such an oblivious shit and it makes me want to punch him. I wanna read a manga about a harem MC who sleeps with the girls in the harem and how he has to deal with their jealousy

Users who are viewing this thread