Votes: 5 5.8%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • I don't think it matters.

Votes: 20 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex-chan lover
Transmigration or Regression or Possession under the right care and braincells put into it will outclass most isekai genre anime, and I hate all of them mention above.
Basically Isekai is to Fantasy as AI 'Art' is to Painting. AI will never fix those hands and feet.

Dex-chan lover
the aspect people get attached to the most from it is the wish fulfillment of being immediately godlike in a new world. We're already seeing other genres popping up in popularity, right now there's a boom of romcoms where MC gets effectively married to some rich/popular girl after getting in debt for no reason other then they had a secret crush on them.
Isekai is an easy to write excuse for why a MC gets transported to a new world and is a blank slate but its gotten to the point where its so overused you can pretty easily tell the difference in quality from the start

Group Leader
Hearing and seeing the term isekai which has been popular for many years in manga and anime industry somehow reminds me of comic sans ms. Both have a miserable journey as they're getting a lot of negative receptions over years due to overused reasons. A strange juxtaposition indeed.

Becoming the best, I don't believe so. I suppose it's easier to predict whether or not isekai genre can thrive if only it weren't overused until today. I daresay this since the overusing (or to be more precise bloated not-so-different plotlines) issue generates the impression enough to divert readers as well as watchers attention away from analyzing the potential of isekai in competition against other genres.

Dex-chan lover
I’ve been seeing people talk about the death of isekai or whatever for over 5 years, and it hasn’t happened yet so who knows.

Dex-chan lover
Objective answer: YES. Proof is on sales.

Subjective answer: HELL NO. I am tired of it.

Users who are viewing this thread