Will The Undine Fall In Love Again Today?

@MangaField Then don't read it? All that doing that would do is create less stuff for people to read. If you don't particularly like romantic comedies then just make sure to avoid stuff with 'romantic' and 'comedy' as tags (at least unless they have another tag which helps offset it like 'drama', 'tragedy', or something which shows that there's an deeper examination of the characters). Prejudice likes yours don't really accomplish anything, if you don't like something instead of trying to stop it from existing just make an effort to avoid it.

Dex-chan lover
@shanoc5902

I‘ve started the manga because I love such fantasy settings and the idea with the water coming out of her body is a very unique idea. Then the mangaka revealed that under this beautiful cover there is a trash ecchi story. So I dropped it. And I came here to vent and express my frustration with the manga world right now.
And that‘s it, nothing more nothing less.

@MangaField Ah yes, because nothing says, "I'm upset this manga isn't for me" like advocating to mutilate and fire authors based on their gender and sexuality. If this is how you respond to finding out that something isn't for you then you need to get some help, this shit isn't even that ecchi.

Dex-chan lover
@shanoc5902

Castration isn‘t mutilation... and I didnt talk about specific gender, I talked about horny mangaka who can‘t manage to write a good story without having to insert cheap sexualization. That goes for both, men and women, since the latter ones do a lot of Yaoi stuff, after all.
Also I was clearly hyperbolic, I though that was obvious, lol

@MangaField You said "I‘m voting for having all male mangakas castrated and/or only let asexual women and asexual men write the stories." So no, you DID specify gender, at least for the violent part of your message. While I get that it was hyperbole I personally don't see how, "I don't like this content, therefor we should forcibly remove a part of someone else's body (which is mutilation)" is funny, and I don't think that sort of overly hyperbolic joke should go without criticism. Again though, I really don't get where you're coming from because at least for me the only thing that I remember being ecchi is that in one chapter they referred to how she metaphorically felt like the water leaving her was so strong that it felt like her clothes were coming off, with a quick visual showing that, before basically the next panel showed that she did still in fact have her clothes on, I don't see how showing the female form (without the naughty bits) immediately makes you jump to the conclusion that the author must be a horny male, heck I couldn't even find the author's gender or picture when I tried to look them up earlier.

Dex-chan lover
@shanoc5902

Well, I singled out men because I wrongfully thought „castration“ only applies to male animals. But I just googled it right now and I learned that it applies to female animals too. Mea culpa. I should‘ve included women in the violent part of my message. ;)

It‘s not overly ecchi, that‘s true. But it enough to reduce this great premise of a desolated village that can only survive because of one girl who can form water out of nothing, to a cheap run-of-the-mill story. It‘s a promising beginning for an epic adventure that goes nowhere.

Also, it‘s not just the explicit display of ecchi scenes, it‘s the implication. The implication is literally that „the girl gets wet when her crush gives her attention“. How you could ever incorporate such a cheap low-quality, horny shit in an epic fantasy story, is beyond me.

But it‘s ultimately just my fault for always falling for great story settings in Shounen, that will inevitably be drowned (pun intended) in cheap fanservice and innuendo.

@MangaField I'll repeat what someone else pointed out,the comedy tag is right there. If it isn't "overly ecchi" but enough to "reduce the premise",maybe you should move on. If a gag is what you consider "horny shit",you're on the wrong side of the tracks and should double back. Also,maybe we can drop the castration nonsense just because something doesn't adhere to your taste (god forbid),regardless of gender. The joke ran it's course,move on.

Dex-chan lover
@Valter

Interesting, that „comedy“ means it has to be sexual innuendo. Weird world you live in.

Toriko also has a comedy tag, yet it has almost no ecchi...

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@MangaField
Wishing that males mangaka would all be castrated is a violation of rule 5.1.2. Making violent, sexist comments like that is not an appropriate way to express dissatisfaction with a series.

Consider how to post more thoughtfully in the future.

Thanks,

Zeph

@MangaField comedy doesn't "have" to be sexual in nature. By that same token it doesn't have to be non-sexual either. Just because you find it distasteful doesn't mean someone else doesn't find it funny. Two different manga,two different authors,your example is kind of irrelevant.

@MangaField More like setting the record straight,you seemed set on thinking "I'm right,your wrong". Figured I'd point out whatever point you think you had doesn't exist.

Dex-chan lover
@Valter

I don‘t think you understood anything, lol. Maybe try to read again, what I was referring towith my comedy-argument.

@MangaField ...What argument. You implied that I implied that it MUST be sexual. I didn't and the author can go that direction or not,their call. Then you pointed out another manga from another author has a different style of comedy. Re-read what you wrote,now re-read what I wrote. Now get down from that horse before you hurt yourself.

Dex-chan lover
@Valter

The user COF wrote „the comedy tag is right there“ in response to my critic that the manga has ecchi in it. You agreed with him.
So you both clearly implied that „comedy“ implicates a sexual component, which I countered with the example of Toriko.

Wjat else is there going on?

@MangaField I didn't imply comedy implicates sexual component,I outright told you it is a form of humor and therefore shouldn't be surprising. This isn't a square peg - round hole situation so your using another manga from a different author,emphasis on DIFFERENT, is irrelevant. One author does safe,non sexual comedy. Another goes for the risky lewd joke. Both are applicable.

If you're trying to say ecchi doesn't necessitate comedy and vice-versa, then yes,thanks for pointing out the obvious. That's not what I'm implying. You can have one,the other,or both. This is an example of both. Questions?

Dex-chan lover
@Valter

You literally wrote „I'll repeat what someone else pointed out,the comedy tag is right there.“ in response to my comment about ecchi. As if the comedy-tag justifies ecchi.

I just dont know what you‘re going on about. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread