Will there be a guarantee "it doesn't have (tag)" tag?

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so I've tried advance search here
And I search for no romance or no harem, exclude it
I'm happy to read it since it doesn't contain those genre, but ...

In the middle of reading the story suddenly it has romance, suddenly it was a harem...

I found a novel that was tagged as harem but the manhwa doesn't have the tag.. since it was too early to decide, so it doesn't have harem tag since it wasn't happen yet (in manhwa), but it will eventually have one..

So sometimes excluded tag is...'useless'

In one of china novel site there's a tag called no cp, so basically they said it upfront that it will never have romance.. a guarantee mc will stay single even until ending (this is a great tag too btw)

So.. I wish something like guarantee is added, especially for comic that was a complete series/someone who has read the novel but it is a recent manga/someone already finished translate it and found out it doesn't have harem/romance/bl/loli/etc in the manga/manhwa/manhua.
^ because completely translated in (insert) language won't exist

In this way even when there's translation difference.

French might have finished translating series A

English just recently translate series A

We get guarantee from french translation that this series will not have those tag, even when english translator hasn't read all the chapter/doesn't know how the series will end.

While normal exclude is for ongoing series that we don't know it might suddenly have harem , loli or something in the middle..

Kinda like surprise a manga

But I guess it will make the tag system more full:meguuusad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dex-chan lover
In the middle of reading the story suddenly it has romance, suddenly it was a harem...
then in those titles the tag hasn't been added, the tags are added by users with the appropriate role when they want, this is more a case for report the titles to add or remove the tag than a site suggestion
So.. I wish something like guarantee is added
there is never a guarantee that a title will thematically stay the same or follow the original premise (like Helck), even an adaptation could differ from the source (just see what happened to Her Majesty's Swarm),

Dex-chan lover
then in those titles the tag hasn't been added, the tags are added by users with the appropriate role when they want, this is more a case for report the titles to add or remove the tag than a site suggestion

there is never a guarantee that a title will thematically stay the same or follow the original premise (like Helck), even an adaptation could differ from the source (just see what happened to Her Majesty's Swarm),
I see :meguuusad: , thank you for kindly responding and explain it to me

If those wasn't possible
Maybe from other translator that's already translated it until the end? 🤔 (different languages might have different chapter progress translated)

Since completely translated in (insert language) won't be possible / exist from what I've read in the forum

Dex-chan lover
Maybe from other translator that's already translated it until the end? 🤔
Again if nobody with knowledge of the full title (be it from the translation of another language or because is an adaptation) and with the role of editor wants to update them, then the tags will not be updated, your best option is to request a correction in the title about the tags to include or exclude them

Dex-chan lover

Again if nobody with knowledge of the full title (be it from the translation of another language or because is an adaptation) and with the role of editor wants to update them, then the tags will not be updated, your best option is to request a correction in the title about the tags to include or exclude them
Oh, not adaptation from novel, I've understood it now.

I mean like this series for example https://mangadex.org/title/bda4265d-4362-49f3-8567-50542d31491b/truth-weavers

The English translator finished translating it, they can give guarantee

So.. when a person who doesn't use english as their main language and exclude all language except indonesia when he saw indonesian translation (nekomik) just pick up from chapter 1 he knew it wont have harem/romance/etc, because death toll/en translator/ other translator said so.

*This is just an example, pretend nekomik just release the chapter 1 today

Since they will use same raw source , same manga page it will not have difference i think?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The English translator finished translating it, they can give guarantee
Dios Santo... the tags can be added or removed by anyone with the role of editor and they are added to the entry and not by language, there is no guarantee that in the future a team from another language will not edit them, again if a title doesn't have a specific tag is because nobody has added it for whatever reason

Dex-chan lover
Dios Santo... the tags can be added or removed by anyone with the role of editor and they are added to the entry and not by language, there is no guarantee that in the future a team from another language will not edit them, again if a title doesn't have a specific tag is because nobody has added it for whatever reason
I see, so that's why.. it's impossible like completely translated (x) language then :nyoron:

Thank you for being patient and explain it to me HelperHand :thumbsup:

I wish/hope you have a great day:bocchiwave: , I'm sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread