Wistoria: Wand and Sword

Dex-chan lover
Holy hell the hate on this series is unwarranted, it's honestly a good series. Will is an okay MC, he will not blow the water on anything but his interaction with other mages is where he shine.

First few chapters isn't that amazing and is honestly just fine like 5/10 not terrible nor good. It's very cliché and all that but unlike other trash OP MC manga, the character here has actual good development, the bully isn't one dimensional and will developed, Theon is honestly a good bully character.

Everyone in the manga has their own goal that is going on and will isn't the center of their life but is just the catalyst on their transformation.

Solid B- manga, pacing is a bit too fast but it honestly doesn't warrant the extreme hate that this series got, the art is amazing and the plot is good.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Holy hell, this is way more than I expected. Thought it was gonna be your average trashy fantasy manga, but damn, the art and emotions putted into this is amazing.

This is genuinely shlock. I don’t think I’ve ever commented on anything but this was bad enough to get me to do it. Do not read this

Dex-chan lover
Do not read this, just wait for the artist (Aoi Toshi) to be released from this repetitive hell and find a better story that does their art justice. Art is fantastic, and even the initial worldbuilding is decent, but GOD the story is trash, and not even fun trash, but actual boring garbage. The same plot points repeat over and over and over and the author is clearly out of ideas and creatively spent. Do NOT waste your time, maybe skim some chapters to look at cool art, that's about it.

Dex-chan lover
Forget about what I said this is garbage manga, If I have a time machine the 1 thing that I would've done would punch myself to even consider this manga decent actual garbage.

Aggregator gang
Good, everybody here unanimously agree that this shit is bad, if this is oomori's sensei's second title my god mf don't how to write and instead made a carbon copy of danmachi without the annoying goddess and crappy harem, and a slightly different setting and a different power system.
Overall premise is exactly the same bro chasing an unnatainable flower, peers looks down on him, HiS nOt LiKe ThE oThEr GuYs, typical the "I wOn'T gIvE uP" shounen ass MC and the only thing he lacks is to fucking say "Believe it".
I know I'll get flack for this but Yuuji Itadori is way more interesting than Will heck even some of the modern shounen MC is better than Will.
Hopefully Aoi Toshi sensei will break free from this Mid prison and actually make use of his amazing art for something that will eventually wow us..

Dex-chan lover
Can someone tell me if this shit has any indication of harem at all? That would be greatly appreciated

Double-page supporter
yall are hella yapping for no reason this is a good story. Even if it's not that original it's still fun to see + the art is really nice.

Terrible. Horrible world building. It’s a puzzle with missing pieces. Which character is which? They all look pretty much the same. Don’t waste your time

it's average tbh. The mc is the classic one that no matter how much you shit on him, he will always smile and the righteous. Even after one of his closest friends (Risto) "die" because he believed in Will's strenght, Will still let others look down on him stepping on Risto's cause of "death". Boring if not something else.

Dex-chan lover
That's why the first episode of the anime felt familiar! It's Bell Cranel! HAHAHAHA
The animation is actually really good. Even the walking of characters.

Dex-chan lover
So, I realize this garbage actually got an anime.

Yes, the art (here at least) is great. No, you won't be able to turn your brain off enough to enjoy it despite that.

There is quite literally no effective change from the beginning, with everyone shitting on main character... to when the fan translations stopped, chapter 33. People will still shit on him and deem him useless
despite literally saving their beloved city against a target that is immune to magic a few chapters before that, and the "top" mages actually do nothing about it in the meantime

I can't speak for SoloTrans, and SoloTrans officially stated it was being picked up elsewhere hence why it's dropped. But it's pretty obvious that nobody enjoyed having a new arc with a fresh coat of paint, but otherwise zero effective changes. Likely including the translator as well.

This is a warning about what you're getting into. At most, enjoy the nice art (and if looking at the anime, perhaps the animation). Expect nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread