Witch Hat Atelier - Vol. 7 Ch. 40.6 - Special Edition Concept Art Artbook

Double-page supporter
I started reading this because the artwork was gorgeous, this artbook is a VERY welcome addition.

I want more Art-Nouveau manga!

Are there other graphic novels with this feel, like parts of Promethea?

Contributor
I didn’t even notice any name changes that were “bad”.

Double-page supporter
Thank you

I don't think the name changes are horrendous, but they can be pretty weird. Maybe it's because I started with scanlations but Estheath looks much better than Easthies. It's probably the same case as riche/richeh, to make it easy to pronounce for English speakers.

Also thank God Qifrey didn't become his first draft lmao

For "content we'd like to see", how about translations of the art Shirahama-sensei does on her twitter? I don't think all need translation, but some have text in them, like these:
4a7a3744c18cae26b464965b72cd98a84cfb5d86.jpg

d10875db4250b14136705ddd53accc3abed4b6f9.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Beautiful stuff. In terms of attention to detail and a real living quality it makes me think of Dungeon Meshi too, obviously they're very different styles but both artists think deeply about the varied human form and expressions. The characters are incredibly emotive, and the worlds feel alive and cohesive with significant planning and world building going into them upfront. Can't wait to see where it goes next.

Dex-chan lover
Four librarians, three sages, two witches, one young girl, zero
freedom

Aggregator gang
Olrugio is the actual canon name he ended up with in the official translation? yikes 😂 I still prefer Orugio.

These are beautiful. I hope I can buy one of these editions tbh

Edit: ok, nvm i got reminded of the horrors of agot...

Dex-chan lover
@ESCrowe Clever finish.

I ask, are the two witches mentiomed aluding to the Brimhats and Pointhats or... there is something more? The four librarians and the three sages is very specific as the mean existing individuals.

Page 21: There is something strangely european in the style of that drawing of the girls with their back turned, Coco face has the clear manga style but the proportions, the composition... the feeling... i just cant shake the comparison with french comics i know. There is any french reader here that could answer me this... could WHA pass a french comic?

And now i remember the Shirahama-sensei does work in western comic, it was Marvel, no? As cover artist if i remember correctly. Edit: She does DC too, she made a cover in Rebirth with Batgirl, Poison Ivy and Harley, even a cover with The Senate.

Page 27: The girls faces seem much more mature in these drawings, not adult but at least 17 years old i would say. Does someone knows their ages? I dont think it was ever said in the story, i always pictured them having now 12 top.

Really appreciated your work on these extras, WHA has amazing art.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, there's some drawings here I don't think she even posted on Twitter.
I'm loving the character building drafts

Dex-chan lover
@A-tan I agree, the L sound in the name makes it a mouthful, it just doesn't rolls in the tongue like Orugio.

@IanO Is Promethea a series? If yes, is it any good?

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy Seriously? What about "Agott", instead of Agathe? Who in their right mind would call their daughter "Agott"?

When we talk about art, Witch Hat Atelier and Otoyomegatari (from Mori Kaoru-sensei) are my two favorite mangas ever, such a beautiful line and every detail is so good, absolutely the first thing that grabbed my attention. Thanks for bringing this to us!

Aggregator gang
@alacaelum If I remember correctly, they do mention there is a certain age at which some rites and whatnot are done for young witches. So in general their ages are around 12 like you said (I would need to check from the beggining but these kids are still kids and not teens lol). The mangaka may have drawn some extras too in which she exposed their ages as well.

Users who are viewing this thread