Witch Hat Atelier - Vol. 8 Ch. 42.9 - Special Bonus Mini Art Batch -- Winter Holidays

Hey everyone I noticed that there weren't many WHA servers so I thought I would make one so here is the link enjoy!

https://discord.gg/eEJUruhsHg

Dex-chan lover
Happy new year!

I would indeed like a botany fact, botanyrobot.

Dex-chan lover
yes yes we get it mangaka, you're a grand master at the apex of your talent, we know

That last illustration is so detailed. She looks like a grand witch of sort.

Aggregator gang
Man that Wing Coat's feathering looks an awful lot like the Mantle that the Main Brimhat Dude wears.
And the sort of Halo around her head traces the Brim of a Hat.
As always, Brimhat Coco gets the best outfits.

Wait, okay so this comment was originally just a joke about how much better Brimhat Fashion is than DunceCap Fashion, but is there something too this? Time to overthink this single extra art image that was released to chime in the new year.

Is this meant to be a deliberate allusion to his outfit? Futhermore, this outfit gives Coco a full set of Feathered Wings which she's using to fly. Brimhat's Mantle is mostly just short downy looking feathers. He lacks the longer Flight Feathers. Have his wings been clipped?

I've always wondered why he seems so focused on Coco being their hope to upset things and change the Status Quo. Given that so far Magic in this World is purely a taught skill that can be analyzed and even Mass Produced to a degree, there really doesn't appear to be a reason that necessitates focusing on a specific hypothetical student, even a talented one like Coco. The current assumption of his motivations the story seems to be pushing towards seems to be that he recognizes that the Brimhats need someone who is forward thinking and unmarred by the assumptions and preconceptions of both the Brimhats and Dunces, but is that all? Even if it is, surely the fact that he has the humility to come to this conclusion suggests he is capable, to a degree, of this same sort of creative thinking and working past his biases and assumptions that would be necessary.

We know that Magic can cause lasting, worsening injuries in someone like with Quiffrey's Eyes, and we know there are factors that influence the power of Magic beyond simply the skill of the one drawing it, because of the time Coco sandified an entire River accidentally with a small magic circle which was apparently because she had Super Ink, always wondered about that. Is there something inherent to a person that influence's Magic and which Main Brimhat has had injured which makes him no longer a candidate to accomplish their goals?

Alternatively, something I've been curious about for a while, and could explain both the common visual element of their outfits here and his focus on Coco, is that, well, isn't it interesting that no where, that I can recall at least, has anyone in this story made any mention of Coco's Father. I've always wondered about that.

But then again, I'm not sure I would like for any of those connections to actually be true. One of the really interesting parts about this Manga is that its magic is not, apparently, based on any sort of hereditary or biological or innate Magical Power, it's purely about skill.

ahh the art is superb as always *-*, cant ever get enough of author's drawing

Dex-chan lover
Damn, those coats looked so comfy and warm.... and brushbug santa hat is the cutest idea ever!

Aggregator gang
That's really really beautiful!

+I'm looking forward to more botany facts. (maybe about spices and other stuff you can eat?)

I loved them so much!!! Stunning ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for compilating these.

And i will bite... what funny gardening trivia you have to offer?

Users who are viewing this thread