Witch Hat Atelier

Sem

Dex-chan lover
https://kodanshaonlinestore.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=307

If anyone's interested in throwing money at the author, this is the occasion to do it. Kamome Shirahama has released a limited print of a preproduction artbook for Tongari Boushi no Atelier. It looks like the deadline for preorders is January 31st, and the ship date is late March.

I've never been so excited for an artbook before. Honestly the amount of limited edition, high quality alt. cover tankobons and supporting promoting merch this series is releasing has been driving me crazy because I can't get my hands on it without a ton of effort and shipping fees.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@SnowingSilently

Hahaha I'd hold out! If the book is popular there a good chance of a reprint, and if not, the series releases a ton of other high quality promotional material. There's so much stationary and postcards and other items that come out with the first release of each volume.

If you follow the artist's Twitter @shirahamakamome, she tweets about processes for the manga and promos they're doing. I think they're gearing up to release a figure of Coco soon.

I'm really surprised by what this manga is delivering. I still remember my childhood and how entranced I was by Harry Potter's world of magic, yet this story is a lot more complex both in how magic is used and how diverse can its effects become. This is truly a masterpiece.

Dex-chan lover
Does anyone know what the different colored corners on the covers mean?

@Samhill
Vol. 2 comes with an artbook of concept sketches, Vol. 3 has a nifty little notepad, and Vol 4. has a set of color pencil and small prints. There's no special edition for Vol. 1.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
The fifth volume cover is so cute!!!!! Tetia!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
@kurohanani Unbelievably so now is 14, what the world has come to. To me the lowest rating you could give this is 8, these people must have some problem.

Dex-chan lover
I only noticed this manga this morning and I've already blazed through all the available chapters. Now I'm adding the series to my Amazon wishlist. It's so damn GOOD.

Users who are viewing this thread