Witch Hat Atelier

The tags on this site need work. This is a great comic but it is absolutely not a comedy. Having two jokes per year does not make it a comedy.

@Botanybot
add the url to Elexmedia
https://elexmedia.id/detail/produk/Atelier%20of%20Witch%20Hat%2001/9786020458892

as you make the official release like that.... Also this manga world building is the best, i have buy the vol 1 - 5, still need to wait for the 6 and 7, so sad.

@Alunyan

Thanks for your reply! I love your viewpoint about the characters.
BTW, I wanted to response your comment 4 months ago, but I have completely snowed under with several things for months. Sorry for my late reply.

Plus, about Olugio and Qifrey, I found something strange about them. I believe you have already read the ch.40, so you might saw...

you might saw Olugio's and Qifrey's witch hat when they were a student.
Did you find something strange? Their hats are quite different. The decoration.
Qifrey had a hat with tassel when he was a child, and Olugio had a black and long ribbon-like one (book cover of vol.7, ch.36 and this twitter <https://twitter.com/shirahamakamome/status/1301489884150988800?s=20>).

On the other hand, Qifrey's professor and his student (Tetia's brother) have a witch hat with tassels, and even Qifery's students use tassels. I guess the hat decoration symbolizes the magic sect, or something?

However, nowadays, Everybody knows Qifrey has a hat with long ribbon but Olugio has one with tassel.

The only explain is they exchanged them on purpose. But why did they do that? In the scene Qifrey mentioned about the book tower (ch.40), It seems that they have already exchanged their decoration of hats then, before Qifrey became a professor. It might not for job purpose.
So, what did this symbolize? They exchanged their decoration for their friendship? or the behavior have special meanings...

I am so curious about this. can't wait to see vol.8 this year!

I totally thought qiffery actually liked her, cus his master said she should "be careful". But i see that something else happened. I'm pleasantly surprised that it wasn't gonna be as dark.

after 20 chapters in , heres my take its a okay i guess 6.5/10, its nothing new really if plot/story is your main goal , your not gonna be blown out of water . I would put promised neverland a step above this one as it is now because theres at least suspense in the first few chapters in there and new element added. But this is as generic as they come im telling you.

Double-page supporter
Fascinating magic system with a compelling plot and enjoyable characters! I really like choosing to set their main studies in ateliers rather than one big school, makes it feel more unique. It's definitely a story I'm excited to see develop!

I just picked up this manga a couple days ago and binged it until I caught up, and I love it so much! It's refreshing how... wholesome it is. The magic system is really interesting. and! the art style is incredible! The overall aesthetic and the intricate artwork is what drew me in, and the world building and characters held me in. Can't wait to read more!

Dex-chan lover
So it's a story about a man who's living out in the countryside with not one, not two, but four pre-teen girls, and no one finds this strange? Okay, they have a politruk to provide oversight, but he just so randomly happens to be the man's best friend.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@danvolodar
I-I do believe that's one of the sub conflicts of the story sir 🤣

I mean it doesn't help that his overseer, Sage Beldarut, is basically super soft on the guy
because he picked him up as an orphan.
Giving Qifrey this much slack is going to bite them all in the ass very soon

Group Leader
Bit of a long comment, since the ones below mine provoked some thought. Because honestly? This story is super wholesome due to the fact it's about a bunch of children who have been through something traumatic (though Tetia isn't confirmed I suspect as much all things considered), and an adult who has not only been through childhood trauma themselves but is still healing from it - and most importantly, recognizes the need to provide a safe space for such children to thrive and goes on to do just that. Sure, Qifrey has his own motives, and so does Coco, and all the characters really - but at heart of it that's the story and, for me, the honest to god magic of this series.

Note: Qifrey isn't just that way for the girls either, he's reached out to the boys too and it's a trait that has been noticed by the adults around him. Most of the other main adult characters are also very good, come to mention it! Though there are indeed counter-examples of predatory (Brimhats, bad teachers) or faulty (the Security council) adults even among the good witches when it comes to children - and that some other watchful eyes (not Orugio, who seems good when he's able to figure out what's going on,) clearly fail to keep those some of the other teacher witches in check in those instances. I find it all pretty profound to be honest, and a good reflection of real life.

Also like any teaching institution, there does seem to be some oversight for abuse - not just with the watchful eyes (
I'm thinking explicitly of the Knight Test arc and how the adults reacted to that one douchey teacher's deliberate and cruel negligence - that Alaria outright said she was going to escalate it, except the Security Council caught onto it before she even had to - plus Qifrey noticing other teacher's douchery and offering an escape
). It's just that it as typical of the real world some things can be forgiven as a mere "teaching style" (see:
Riche's old teacher, who I don't doubt was only passed off as "strict"
) vs violence or blatant negligence.

I will give that Qifrey does appear to be given some favour
as the apprentice of one of the Sages
though, and frankly I'm betting Orugio is equally well-known so people trust him too. The witch society as a whole seems like a very small and closed off, an everyone practically knows everyone situation, so such nepotism is likely excused or not all that rare. On the plus side, that does mean bad reputations likely spread very quickly and easily as well (
hell, isn't Agethe an example of that? and only from a rumor too
), and so far Qifrey and Orugio have proven to be trustworthy.

I am not very good at turning.. but I am REALLY good at driving straight!
Praise me more!

@Nerderey I think @danvolodar was suggesting some sort of pedophilia scenario, cause ofc Adult living with pre-teen is automatically a pedo, right? At least that's what nowadays society thinks and tells us to think.... tsk.

SHOWSTOPPING WONDERFUL INCREDIBLE NEVER DONE BEFORE SDHFSADLXFASDFFXKSAFLADFLHAFLHASLHFSAFSAKDZSAALXHDMSAZS,XASMASXNASDGFXADSJKFZAGSFXZSAFKJZASHXCNSDGMXZ,SADHXSAJ,FXHSJFHSAJF,HSANKFZSQW.9PUJASOIPXFJADSKFXLSAJFZKL;SADFJKAS THANK YOU

Users who are viewing this thread