With a Pay of 300,000 Yen Per Month, I Was Hired to Do the Fun Job of Saying, "Welcome Back," to the Onee-san Next Door Who Has No Use for a Monthly …

Dex-chan lover
I like Baldy's Gate too.

Kinda slow chapter, but the first half was basically just gossip and a weird guy. Gossip usually isn't that interesting since it's all secondary.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your tl !

The Baldy's Gate killed me, it was unexpected.
I hope she'll open up when he'll baby her.

Dex-chan lover
It was so perfect, it actually bothered me that it came out as "Baldy's Gate" given the existence of Baldur's gate. I'd hate to have anyone think I've thrown in a topical reference for no reason like some kind of hack. So here I am, clarifying more than is really necessary on the forums.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure if it's me or the translation, but for the vast majority of the chapter I had no idea wtf was going on.
this manga has fallen off the deep end, i have NFI either
I swear, this is the best I could do. A lot of things just seem to be happening with no narrative through line. It's like the entire chapter was dedicated to showing us how weird everyone is before finally ending the volume. The second bonus chapter's even worse.

Dex-chan lover
I swear, this is the best I could do. A lot of things just seem to be happening with no narrative through line. It's like the entire chapter was dedicated to showing us how weird everyone is before finally ending the volume. The second bonus chapter's even worse.
Maybe these scenes make sense as gags if you're immersed in the Japanese cultural context? I mean, humour can be extremely context-sensitive that way.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe these scenes make sense as gags if you're immersed in the Japanese cultural context? I mean, humour can be extremely context-sensitive that way.
Oh, they're totally gags. But the chapter's just a series of gags tied together by a flimsy plot. But nothing happened until the last couple of pages. Everything before that could have been skipped and nothing of value would have been lost.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL! Looking forward to more of this.. and hopefully it smooths back out, in the writing sense, not the TL sense, ya'll are great.

Users who are viewing this thread