Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 19, 2018
Messages
1,565
Still can't believe it was this short, it's too good to be this short.
Thanks for all that translation effort you put in!
 
Contributor
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
1,886
I desperately need someone to scanlate another Aki Eda's work mmm...
Her work are just so sweet mmm...

I hope someone will scanlate Oshiete kudasai, Kusakabe-san soon mmm...
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 23, 2018
Messages
1,805
I came here for a cute, romantic story.

And I stayed for one of the most epic card manga I ever read.

This was good. Really good. And it's not like other card manga like Yu-Gi-Oh, it's felt... real too.

I was not what I was expecting, but it was a great story!
 
Joined
Mar 24, 2018
Messages
1,258
The kind of amazing thing is, is that apparently it was work commissioned for promotional purposes. Unless i got something wrong.
 
Fed-Kun's army
Joined
Feb 9, 2018
Messages
51
@mikegnesium
Well, considering the only thing it could possibly promote would be the card game, and seeing as how the card game was entirely made up by the author (plus her friend), I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you got it wrong. Still great manga though.
 
Joined
Mar 24, 2018
Messages
1,258
Yah, you're right. I remembered seeing something about her making an illustration for TCG when i originally read it, didn't do a double check, and probably build up on that unconsciously. Sorry for the confusion.

"source": http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Aki_Eda
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 15, 2018
Messages
1,558
I understand only 10% of what's happening. Yet I crave for more after reading the last.


THE POWER OF VANILLA
 
Contributor
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
473
Wrote a review on this, here it is:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/10/05/wizards-soul-holy-war-of-love/

Wizard's Soul is a very experimental work. It's clear that it is just by reading it but the author's comments support that claim. Therefore, it has a strange premise that you need to suspend your disbelief for, but if you do you'll find an incredibly interesting manga. Aki Eda approached card games, which I honestly don't like at all, in a way that explained to me what there was to like about them and subsequently made me interested in those games. Furthermore, the main character is quite interesting. She has good reasons for withholding shame from one person, but letting a few close others know about it, and her ruthlessness in pursuit of a practical, happy ending is quite awesome. It's a thrilling card game manga, and a funny romance -- the male love interest starts becoming attracted to the protagonist for reasons very unusual to romance. It's funny and kinda cool. I like the series a lot and consider it one of my favorites. This long review details precisely why. Give the series a chance, you may find it to be as enjoyable as I did, or perhaps even more.
 
Supporter
Joined
Feb 24, 2018
Messages
1,625
Read this some months back. One I'll definitely come back and read again sometime. In other words, it's good.
 
Fed-Kun's army
Joined
May 5, 2018
Messages
353
@Swifft lol I read this because I found your review the day before, didn't think I'd see you here but in retrospect I should've xD

Anyway what to say, "as expected of an obviously axed manga" I guess?

Since I wasn't able to write a spoilers-free review, I placed it in the last chapter's comment section.

All in all it's fine to pass the time, plus it give me a new, refreshing kind of feeling since it's the first time I read a manga about tcg.

I do recommend this, even if it's just to get the "tcg manga" genre off of your bucket list (because yes, that's where the genres of manga you avoid go).
 
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
4
the story is interesting, but the dark faces all the characters make are a huge turn off. it’s an unnecessary layer of atmosphere (that’s already portrayed fine without it) and ngl it freaks me out. it’s a card game not a horror story...
 
Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
44
I wanted to read this but i's honestly ruined by the vanilla romance. Boring and cliche, would be a 100 times better without it.
 
Joined
Oct 28, 2019
Messages
7
This was awesome. I had my doubts, but I don't think I've ever seen a manga about Magic: the Gathering-- I mean, card games before, and it pulled it off pretty nicely.
 
Joined
Apr 21, 2020
Messages
9
It's nice, but if you played cards before, you'll have to turn off your brain to enjoy it. Having played mtg and yugioh back in my school day it's kind of hard to read. It's enjoyable if I just ignore the made up card game but yea.
Every time they do that bit of "this playstyle will make people hate you but always win" I have to stop a bit. Painful to keep reading that, knowing that if that is the meta for any real card game then everyone would play that same exact deck with no qualms. In fact there was a whole meta call deck burn or hand/deck burn that sole purpose is to mill your entire deck while stalling so that you lose on technicality. The definition of dirty decks.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top