Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~

Dex-chan lover
Still can't believe it was this short, it's too good to be this short.
Thanks for all that translation effort you put in!

Contributor
I desperately need someone to scanlate another Aki Eda's work mmm...
Her work are just so sweet mmm...

I hope someone will scanlate Oshiete kudasai, Kusakabe-san soon mmm...

Dex-chan lover
I came here for a cute, romantic story.

And I stayed for one of the most epic card manga I ever read.

This was good. Really good. And it's not like other card manga like Yu-Gi-Oh, it's felt... real too.

I was not what I was expecting, but it was a great story!

The kind of amazing thing is, is that apparently it was work commissioned for promotional purposes. Unless i got something wrong.

@mikegnesium
Well, considering the only thing it could possibly promote would be the card game, and seeing as how the card game was entirely made up by the author (plus her friend), I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you got it wrong. Still great manga though.

Yah, you're right. I remembered seeing something about her making an illustration for TCG when i originally read it, didn't do a double check, and probably build up on that unconsciously. Sorry for the confusion.

"source": http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Aki_Eda

Dex-chan lover
I understand only 10% of what's happening. Yet I crave for more after reading the last.

THE POWER OF VANILLA

Contributor
Wrote a review on this, here it is:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/10/05/wizards-soul-holy-war-of-love/

Wizard's Soul is a very experimental work. It's clear that it is just by reading it but the author's comments support that claim. Therefore, it has a strange premise that you need to suspend your disbelief for, but if you do you'll find an incredibly interesting manga. Aki Eda approached card games, which I honestly don't like at all, in a way that explained to me what there was to like about them and subsequently made me interested in those games. Furthermore, the main character is quite interesting. She has good reasons for withholding shame from one person, but letting a few close others know about it, and her ruthlessness in pursuit of a practical, happy ending is quite awesome. It's a thrilling card game manga, and a funny romance -- the male love interest starts becoming attracted to the protagonist for reasons very unusual to romance. It's funny and kinda cool. I like the series a lot and consider it one of my favorites. This long review details precisely why. Give the series a chance, you may find it to be as enjoyable as I did, or perhaps even more.

Double-page supporter
Read this some months back. One I'll definitely come back and read again sometime. In other words, it's good.

@Swifft lol I read this because I found your review the day before, didn't think I'd see you here but in retrospect I should've xD

Anyway what to say, "as expected of an obviously axed manga" I guess?

Since I wasn't able to write a spoilers-free review, I placed it in the last chapter's comment section.

All in all it's fine to pass the time, plus it give me a new, refreshing kind of feeling since it's the first time I read a manga about tcg.

I do recommend this, even if it's just to get the "tcg manga" genre off of your bucket list (because yes, that's where the genres of manga you avoid go).

the story is interesting, but the dark faces all the characters make are a huge turn off. it’s an unnecessary layer of atmosphere (that’s already portrayed fine without it) and ngl it freaks me out. it’s a card game not a horror story...

I wanted to read this but i's honestly ruined by the vanilla romance. Boring and cliche, would be a 100 times better without it.

This was awesome. I had my doubts, but I don't think I've ever seen a manga about Magic: the Gathering-- I mean, card games before, and it pulled it off pretty nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread