Worst Gaiden Mr. Zetton

It's a pity that we only get to read 1 chapter a month but that's still something and so far I've enjoyed the series

Can someone tell me the prequel to this/the recommended read order?

Group Leader
@TDSgaming Read first Crows, Sono Go No Crows, Crows Gaiden, Worst and the others Worst's Gaidens because all then is good

I picked this up because the idea of a former delinquent(kinda) turning his life around and wanting to help other youths really appeals to me. I didn't realise however, that this manga is actually a continuation of several manga series that started nearly THIRTY years ago. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of the series has an official translation; fortunately, they're all on this site! So, if you want to get some (read: a LOT) of background info on Mr. Zetton's life when he himself was a high school student, read those manga. (Start with "Crows".)

Be warned though, "Crows", "Worst", their sequels and side stories deal mainly with gang politics and school rivalries, so there are a lot - and I mean A LOT - of characters. I'm talking a few dozen per series, at least. You could do what I did and just skim through most of it (seriously, I'm only just interested in Zetton), but you do run the risk of losing out on some of the finer details of what made Zetton the person he is in this series. Also be aware, he's actually not the main protagonist in any of those series, although he does show up in pretty much all of them.

Anyways, back to this series. It's a well-worn plot trope in that you have a class of troubled students (all boys in this manga) who nobody believes in except the teacher, so it will be interesting to see what spins and twists the author will put on it, if any. Art's pretty decent (not sure what the deal with all the baggy clothes though- does gangster fashion ever change?). While we've been introduced to a large handful of chars (again), the focus has only been on about 4 or 5 of them so far. NGL, I'm not fond of the nurse, only because she (as the only female char in the series so far) feels like a forced love interest. Hopefully we'll see some other potential partners introduced down the road. I also really look forward to some of the conflicts a story like this can introduce (such as a meeting between Zetton and a certain student's father).

Many thanks to Banchou for picking this up and I hope they will continue with the translation!

Group Leader
i got confused too with the pinups but they are always welcomed 🤩 i thought the chapter was the lost girl's pictures 😋

Group Leader
@Avoidtab He was Takahashi's assistant before writing Clover, which is why he has these similarities between their works.

Power Uploader
What? Hirakawa (Clover guy) was never an assistant for Takahashi Hiroshi (Crows/Worst guy). His only connection is doing Crows Zero 2. He's completely unconnected to Mr. Zetton. Yamamoto Shintarou (Mr. Zetton guy) was never an assistant either, as far as is known. He just knows how to mimic Takahashi Hiroshi's art better than anyone else.

Fed-Kun's army
Give it a chance, even though its almost all CGI.

Aggregator gang
Wow! This will be fun!

I think it's more than 10 years ago since I read those Worst, Crows series, I forgot a lot of plot and story now

When I was kid me and manny boys at school like these series of Worst/Crows, we read the manga at school, Movie, so much fun

It been so long since I read these type of genre school life/delinquents, I dont know if I still enjoy it as much as when I was a kid, but I think I will, we will be boy forever 😆

Aggregator gang
I didn't realise however, that this manga is actually a continuation of several manga series that started nearly THIRTY years ago. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of the series has an official translation;

Yes it has the official translation and license, I dont know about the recent works of those series but a lot of the older ones has it, I used to read those manga books back then when I was young, and I guess it must has in other country too it was so popular

Power Uploader
Yes it has the official translation and license, I dont know about the recent works of those series but a lot of the older ones has it, I used to read those manga books back then when I was young, and I guess it must has in other country too it was so popular
Worst is the only thing that was ever licensed in English but only the first 3 volumes were ever released. It was by a publisher famous for licensing gay romance series. They must have thought Worst was something other than it really was.

Users who are viewing this thread